Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record in HD, render and upload in SD???

Options
  • 15-09-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

I record in HD, but will sometimes want to upload in standard definition to save time. How do I do this when rendering in sony vegas?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I record in HD, but will sometimes want to upload in standard definition to save time. How do I do this when rendering in sony vegas?
    Thanks in advance.

When you're selecting your render option format, just choose a different preset setup from the drop-down to use an SD version, or create a new custom one with a lower bitrate and lower resolution that what you're currently using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Render as 720, SD really looks bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Chris where exactly in the drop down list? Do u mean change the 1020 x 720p thing to the standard definition numbers??whatever they are?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Well, this is assuming you're running a similar version to me. When you go to "Render As", there are menus for saving as a particular file type and then what template to use. Just select a lower quality template from the list, so for example if you save as WMV, choose the 3Mbps (or similar) option.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bokkenspiel

when you make HD video SD it looks awful. avoid it at all costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I still dont know how to do this:( Id just like to know how, could save me some hassle sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

when you make HD video SD it looks awful. avoid it at all costs.

Downsampling to SD (720x576, 16:9) should not look at all bad unless your rendering engine is awful.

In fact, one a decent bitrate is used, with a good encoder/transcoder, it should look perfect.

Advertisement