Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting films to iphone format?

Options
  • 15-09-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know a handy freeware program for converting films (like .avi's) to iphone format for a mac?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

handbrake

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yep, another vote for handbrake. One of the options for conversion is iPhone.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

Alternatively, you could use oPlayer which will play xvid/divx natively on the iPhone without conversion. I assume that these are the formats you have the films in, as you do not mention DVDs.

There's a free version and a paid version. I use the free version and find it very capable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Or if you are feeling rich, the ElGato Turbo.264 USB processor makes a rather nice job of it (quickly).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I use imToo to convert videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

VideoMonkey is a handy free app. Converts pretty much every format I throw at it into iPhone/iPad/Apple TV compatible files with freedom to set quality, resolution etc to whatever you want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Thanks, I've just downloaded VideoMonkey but it won't launch under Tiger OS10.4.11.
    (I'm not surprised but I think the download page should mention it to stop people like me wasting bandwidth.)

Advertisement