Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP/Subjects help

Options
  • 15-09-2010 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I really need some advice, :p

Okay so at the moment I'm doing Ag Science and I hate it, I have no interest in it at all and I'm only doing it so I can be eligible for LCVP.
    I really want to move to History instead, which I have a great interest in and I know I will probably use after my Leaving Cert, but if I do I will have to drop LCVP.

I want to go on to do secondary school teaching after my Leaving and I'm currently doing Oridnary Level Maths and Irish but Higher Level in everything else.

So all I want to know is, is LCVP really that important and do I really need it if I'm doing two ordinary level subjects?
    And should I stick at something that I hate just to do LCVP or should I do something which I love but not be able to do LCVP?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

Well if your expecting to get more than 50 points in six other subjects then you should change. But it is a handy 50 points if you do it and there is very little work in it.
    You could take up history outside of school.
    You might be able to do the history in school and just keep on ag science in your spare time to be able to do LCVP also, but im not sure about that.
    If i was you, id drop ag science and take up the subject I have an interest in.
    Talk to your guidance councellor at school, Goodluck!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

hmm it's all well and good to do a subject you're interested in but only if you think it will get you better points, there's plenty of time to study history after the lc

Advertisement