Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Music Practical

Options
  • 15-09-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hey everyone. :)

In the LC practical, you do six pieces which can be broken down into four performance pieces and two of this tech thing. Can somebody give me the name for the tech you do because I do music as an extra subject outside school and my teacher gave me a website where I can download a trial thing to see what it's like. I've been to the website but I've no idea which one to download. These are the options:

Finale 201 Demo

Allegro 2007 Trial Version

PrintMusic 2011 Trial Version

Songwriter 2010 Trial Version

NotePad 2011 Trail Version

If someone could let me know as soon as possible it'd be much appreciated. :D I've music tonight so I was kinda hoping to check it out before going there. Thanks. xD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

depends on your school. Mine used sibellius, and another in waterford used notepad. You do it on your ow software. if you're doign it in school, ask your teacher what (s)he uses and then get it. It's really really really easy to do, We didn't start until two weeks before the pre and I flew through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

Cheers, thanks a mill! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Cheers, thanks a mill! =)
    Sorry, I just read you're doing it outside school. I did it in sibellius, and it was dead simple, I'll pm you what we had to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sibelius is what they use in our school too.
    It's a fairly expensive package.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

sibelius is pretty much what everyone uses, if you know someone with the programme you can download a demo from the disk though, you can use it for 30 days and then after that you can still practice, but not save anything

• Advertisement
Advertisement