Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for Feedback Request on DMP

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To whom it may concern,

I'm starting this thread in regards to a ban I recieved on the Dance Music Production forum.

Today I posted a link to a production of mine, looking for feedback, and providing a link to vote for it in a contest if you liked it.

Within minutes I was banned from the forum, and the thread deleted.

I PM'd the mod in question in regards to the ban, as the only reason given to me in the automated message was one word 'spam'.

The mod then PM'd me and apologized for the 'swift' ban. He explained that the post I made was linking to a 'finished product' and was 'advertising' (Even though he stated 'spam' in the ban message).

I felt it wasn't advertising, and I read the forum rules and it doesn't state anywhere not to post finished unsigned tracks.

The mod was very kind, and helped me with any questions I had. He also suggested moving the post to somewhere else.

Whilst I might disagree with why the thread is offensive, I wouldn't mind the thread being deleted/moved if it offended the mod. However, I then asked him 'Why the ban?'

I'm a regular on the DMP forums and often help people out and offer good constructive feedback etc., etc. I've never had any issue with any mods and this was the first time I've been banned from the forum or had a thread deleted. So whilst I can understand if I was repeat offender I'd be banned, I've never had any issues. I also pointed out to the mod that the forum charter notes that offending threads will be deleted/moved... Nothing about a ban. He wouldn't give me a straight answer on this and simply recommended me to take it here. So here I am.

Whilst I understand keeping forums clean is important and one of boards.ie biggest features, I think there's a fine line between keeping a forum 'clean' and keeping it 'quiet'.

Whilst he might be right about deleting moving the thread, banning me instantly without consulting me has left a bad taste in my mouth, and regardless of how this goes, I'll be hesitant to posting ANYTHING in that forum again to be honest.

Appreciate any help in regards to the matter.

Regards,
    -Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Please let me know which moderator it was and I will follow up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Neurojazz

Many thanks,
    -A

I have PMed the mod to get their side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Has there been any progress made on this?

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Has there been any progress made on this?
    I've just sent you a PM with an update as where things are on my side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Malice_ wrote: »
    I've just sent you a PM with an update as where things are on my side.
    Thank you. Got it.

Advertisement