Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Wireless Alarm

Options
  • 15-09-2010 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭

Well folks,

Im looking for some advise on a wireless alarm system for my 4 bed detached house in Kilkenny city. I have been ringing around and reading lots of helpful stuff on this forum, but I'm still a bit clueless about the merits of one system over another.. Signet seems to be mentioned allot here, is it much more expensive than the system quoted below? If so is it worth it?
    The system I am considering is:

1 Risco Wisdom 32 Zone Grade II Wireless Alarm Panel
    1 Panel Internal Sounder
    1 Panel Keypad
    1 Panel Backup Battery
    1 Digital Communicator & Voice Dialer - Standard Phone Line
    1 Fused 13 Amp Neon Un-switched Spur with Surface Box
    1 External Wireless Sounder & Strobe
    4 Window Wireless Shock Sensor -
    2 Door Wireless Magnetic Contact -
    2 Area Wireless Motion Sensor - 1 x Landing, 1 x Hall
    2 Wireless Key Fob Remote
    1 Wireless Alarm Standard Installation

The above comes to €800 incl. VAT

Some optional extras are:
    GSM Digi with €20 Credit would cost an extra €222 inc. Vat
    24/7 Alarm Monitoring per Year would cost an extra €127 inc. Vat

Any help/advise would be appreciated,

Thanks,

K

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not bad for the price. I personally would prefer Visonic Powermax for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

That's a good price for the risco kit, similar spec with the powermax would be around the same price but would be more expensive for the signet. For the end user there is very little between the powermax and wisdom.
    The wisdom is a good piece of kit and the only reason I don't use it is that they have had some serious supply problems

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

You should be looking at getting there newer panel called Agility from Risco rather than the wisdom panel. It has a lot more features than the wisdom at this stage.
    Here is a link to there site.

Advertisement