Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokersoc

Options
  • 15-09-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when and at what time Pokersoc runs on campus? :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

dunno about this year, but last year they ran monday night comps in cassidy's.

Seeing as that place is closed now, though. DUMSS also do poker events

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I was under the impression that last year they ran it in the Buttery?

Do you know if DUMSS do anything regular or is it like once every few months or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 celestialteapot

I dont think theres a society called poker soc but the card soc run a poker night. (i dont think they run any other events so i guess i's the de facto poker soc). Last year it was held in the atrium (above the buttery), as far as i can remember it was held on tuesday and was five euro buy in. If you get there before 6 you got some free chips and you cud buy in til half 6 i think.

It was a really good laugh last year, a real comfortable atmosphere, and the guys a patient with the newbies :).

The also ran a charity tourney last year in the dinning hall. it was 20 euro a ticket and there was a real live jaguar to be won!

Ill defo be going next year, look out for them during freshers week and theyll answer all your questions

Advertisement