Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Austrian Open Golf

Options
  • 15-09-2010 8:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Anyone any interest in this,not a great field at all,the course is an unknown quantity,looks lovely and will be well worth watching,a lot of water
    I can't resist backing MA Jiminez even though he's only 8/1,my other bet is Richard Green @25/1 e/w

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

I fancy Castano as the man to beat here. Got his confidence back and seems to have sorted out his dreadful short putting (a bit). Excellent from tee to green and putting from 10-20ft and can take advantage of the short course. E/W @ 14/1 (general)

Richard Green E/W first round leader @ 33/1 (Betfred) - Accuracy will be a premium with all the water and there's not many more accurate than Green. He often starts well before fading out of contention.

Danny Willett and Rock at around the 30 mark look good E/W value in a terrible field.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I fancy Castano as the man to beat here. Got his confidence back and seems to have sorted out his dreadful short putting (a bit). Excellent from tee to green and putting from 10-20ft and can take advantage of the short course. E/W @ 14/1 (general)
    Agreed on this selection. I picked him after the KLM.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

Robert Rock (33/1 Ladbrokes) looks the stand out bet in what is a weak field.A wild outsider that's worth an E/W punt is Shiv Kapur (66/1) with PP.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

heavyballs wrote: »
    I can't resist backing MA Jiminez even though he's only 8/1

My bets for this week ^

Might have a few euro also on VS's Green 1st round leader bet as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

I'm also on Richard Green in the 1st round 3 balls. His price on Betfair is 2.6 to Back and 2.72 to Lay, so I feel the 2.75 with Stan James is value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Castano finished 5, 5 today dropping 3 shots in last 2 holes, including going into the water on his last. He was in a share of the lead with 3 to play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

might stick e5 on someone in this austrian open, seeing as how the us golf is on a break. halfway through now, so im thinking rafa jacquelin or john parry! anyone with a good tip, heading into the weekend?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Richard Green E/W first round leader @ 33/1 (Betfred) - Accuracy will be a premium with all the water and there's not many more accurate than Green. He often starts well before fading out of contention.

Danny Willett and Rock at around the 30 mark look good E/W value in a terrible field.

well i'm guessing you didn't do Danny?,i would love to know how many times Chapman in the racing post has tipped him,he's used the owl "Son of a preacher man" headline on more than a couple of occassions(for anyone who doesn't know his Dad is a vicar)
    was going to stick a nice bet on GMc if the wind was going to blow strong but it looks like it's going to be another calm day so i'm leaving it,a bit of wind i think would have seperated him from the others,
    am interested to see how Carranza gets on,like his swing,only dropped shots of the week came on 1 hole(a double bogey)
    don't really trust Danny,defo don't trust Lynn's swing,it has to be GM:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

I mentioned Lara as a good outside bet aswell on my Facebook Betting Group during the week (pre tourny). I use my own trading system on the golf and had both backed for trading. Unfortunately, I was a little off this week after a couple of bad weeks in the golf so I was a bit eager to trade out and I took Willett at 3.5 yesterday and Lara @ 3.9 after about 14 holes today. Nice 40pts profit or so though.

Advertisement