Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banners on flyovers in Limerick

Options
  • 15-09-2010 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

right

Theres a banner tied to the flyover near Dooradoyle on the motorway saying something along the lines of "9 11 was an inside job, google "911 truth" "
    This is the second banner I've seen on this bridge, and one of a number of banners I've seen referring to the NWO and other conspiracy theories.

If it is someone here, please remove them ASAP. They are illegal to put up, and are putting peoples lives in danger. IT IS ILLEGAL to put anything on those bridges, as they can become loose, fall, and cause traffic accidents. When the politicians put up their posters last year, a number of us complained, and they were removed. last time, several of your banners got loose and were hanging down, and this one doesnt look any more secure.

If the banner isnt removed soon, I will go up there and do it myself. I'm giving you an opportunity to keep it and put it elsewhere. I'm not trying to "silence" you or any craic like that, but the banner is stupid and irresponsible, and I don't like having my life put in danger so you can get your point across. stick it somewhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Your serious. You are:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

pure serious I am :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Can you not go to the guards about it?

it'll just be taken down, and more put up. I felt this way i might get the message to the person about WHY its been taken down, and why not to repeat it, like they did the last time. The gardaí won't know who is putting them up either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

I have two paintball guns, u take them down well waith and shoot the ****ers as they try replace em :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Fair play to the person/people using their time to help create awareness. Its not an ideal location but its a bit OTT to say they're putting lives in danger.

profitius wrote: »
    Fair play to the person/people using their time to help create awareness. Its not an ideal location but its a bit OTT to say they're putting lives in danger.

the banners were hanging down the last time. they can easily fall onto a windscreen and block the view of someone travelling at 120kph. They also are a distraction for drivers. but its them coming loose and obstructing vie wI'm most concerned about, and they're not well secured, so its quite possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

profitius wrote: »

I agree with zuroph to be honest. If a banner drops onto the car and the car is going at 100 to 120 km/h it wont end well to be honest. A crash at that speed will most likely put your life in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

it could be these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRF2PtSUar0

not the greatest representives but atleast they're doing something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

doesn't Run to da hills live over that way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Oranage2 wrote: »
    it could be these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRF2PtSUar0

not the greatest representives but atleast they're doing something
    thats fcuking hilarious

to be honest there doing **** all,there roaring at the irish security telling them to go arrest that man for crimes against humanity.

there just doing there job and probably dont have a clue about who this fella is,they were irish security hired over here no doubt.

as for the banners,how can you say there not a danger.(waits for freeman argumeht to make its way into this.

i think its very decent of the OP to offer the people a chance to take them down and keep there banners.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

seannash wrote: »
    thats fcuking hilarious

to be honest there doing **** all,there roaring at the irish security telling them to go arrest that man for crimes against humanity.

there just doing there job and probably dont have a clue about who this fella is,they were irish security hired over here no doubt.

as for the banners,how can you say there not a danger.(waits for freeman argumeht to make its way into this.

i think its very decent of the OP to offer the people a chance to take them down and keep there banners.

I doubt anyone is going to argue with you about the banner - its certainly iresponsible and dangerous but fair play to the lads making people aware and maybe a better location would have been better.

And for WeAreChange, 99% of what they do is moranic like that mega-phone thing, telling taxi drivers bullsh*t laws, arguing with people that are just doing their job and generally being annoying, but atleast they're on the streets making people aware im not sure of any other group in Ireland doing a better job.

Skip to 2:39 to see him fight the 'Concern Corparation'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRLcTW32aP4

And skip to 3:27 to see him take down the 'litter warden'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s5gCnJAzm4&feature=related

and 1:47 for bill clinton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFng_ZAuYvI

the more you watch the more annoying they get

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

To be fair, how can someone go on about others putting lives at risk, if they are traveling at 120 kmph?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Podman wrote: »
    To be fair, how can someone go on about others putting lives at risk, if they are traveling at 120 kmph?

Motorways are designed to allow this to be done safely. They're not designed for loose banners. Fairly straight-forward really...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I doubt anyone is going to argue with you about the banner - its certainly iresponsible and dangerous but fair play to the lads making people aware and maybe a better location would have been better.

And for WeAreChange, 99% of what they do is moranic like that mega-phone thing, telling taxi drivers bullsh*t laws, arguing with people that are just doing their job and generally being annoying, but atleast they're on the streets making people aware im not sure of any other group in Ireland doing a better job.

Skip to 2:39 to see him fight the 'Concern Corparation'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRLcTW32aP4

And skip to 3:27 to see him take down the 'litter warden'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s5gCnJAzm4&feature=related

and 1:47 for bill clinton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFng_ZAuYvI

the more you watch the more annoying they get

How does a group of people like that get so indoctrinated and brain washed about this stuff?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

zuroph wrote: »
    the banners were hanging down the last time. they can easily fall onto a windscreen and block the view of someone travelling at 120kph. They also are a distraction for drivers. but its them coming loose and obstructing view I'm most concerned about, and they're not well secured, so its quite possible.

Bullsh1t, hyperbole, emotive appeal to a Danger that simply isnt there

OK heres an Experiment

Find a Carpark or Yard where you can get up to 120 KPH

Find somewhere of equivelant height to the current banner

Drop a Banner in the manner you seem to think will obscure a view

Repeat the process 20 times

If it manages to obscure the Windscreen of a REASONABLY COMPETENT Driver once I'll be amazed.

its this kind of irrational emotive appeal that I dislike, Just say

Say you dislike it because its an 'Eyesore' or that you finds the 9/11 thing tedious, but dont try makin 'Pronouncements' about How Dangerous something is based on nothing more than your imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

Motorways are designed to allow this to be done safely. They're not designed for loose banners. Fairly straight-forward really...

In this case, tying banners and driving at 120 kmph are similar in that once they are both done right, there is no harm.

That is where the similarity stops however.
    If, while tying a banner, the person makes a phone call or has a smoke, it's a non event.
    But if the 120 kmph driver makes a phone call or has a smoke, they can easily cause a multi-car pile up with fatalities.

Likewise, if the banner is tied "loosely" like you suggest, it (or part of it) may fall down onto the road.
    Any driver who isn't driving "loosely" will see it, and if they deserve to keep their license will avoid it in plenty of time, assuming they aren't going so fast as to be out of control.

If the people involved are responsible enough to tie the banner securely, then how different is it to any other advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Bit like the banner imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

OK heres an Experiment

Find a Carpark or Yard where you can get up to 120 KPH

Find somewhere of equivelant height to the current banner

Drop a Banner in the manner you seem to think will obscure a view

Repeat the process 20 times

If it manages to obscure the Windscreen of a REASONABLY COMPETENT Driver once I'll be amazed.

its this kind of irrational emotive appeal that I dislike, Just say

Say you dislike it because its an 'Eyesore' or that you finds the 9/11 thing tedious, but dont try makin 'Pronouncements' about How Dangerous something is based on nothing more than your imagination.
    That's a bit of a silly thing to say. The reason those banenrs are illegal is for the very specific reason that Zuroph has said, they can fall and cause an accident. It doesn't matter how competent a driver is, if something unexpected happens then they may not be able to react in time especially when driving fast. Ayrton Senna was a competent driver and look what happened him.

The people who put them there are f*cking morons with no consideration for other peoples safety. Who cares what it says. It can say "Anto N Jacinta 4 Eva!" or "Get Fianna Fail out!" and it's still a stupid thing to put up there.

If someone wants to raise awarness of 9/11 then hire a billboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Actually, I'm going to close this as it's not a CT. If anyone wants to start a thread on methods of advertising theories, then go ahead. Alternatively, if someone sees a conspiracy here that I'm missing then give me a PM and I'll open it up again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement