Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with changing course

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi, I applied for a course on my CAO, however, after registering and going to the introduction day today, and I feel the course is not for me.
    While looking at the available courses on the CAO website, there is another course I would prefer to do, however, it is in a college.

Will I able to transfer if I act quickly?

Thanks,

Dara

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

djb90 wrote: »
    Hi, I applied for a course on my CAO, however, after registering and going to the introduction day today, and I feel the course is not for me.
    While looking at the available courses on the CAO website, there is another course I would prefer to do, however, it is in a college.

Will I able to transfer if I act quickly?

Thanks,

Dara

You might want to explain better. What are the two courses first of all?
    And you haven't even started into lectures yet, how do you know it's not for you? Give it a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 djb90

Well, the course that I registered for today was not picked by me, however, more so by my parents. The course they've picked is Automation Engineering in DIT, but I'd prefer to do Civil Engineering in DkIT.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

djb90 wrote: »
    Well, the course that I registered for today was not picked by me, however, more so by my parents. The course they've picked is Automation Engineering in DIT, but I'd prefer to do Civil Engineering in DkIT.

Ah, that makes a huge difference! NEVER base your decisions on what your parents want.

Isn't first year engineering in most places a general engineering year anyway? You might be able to do that year and transfer to civil next year in DIT or somewhere else. Maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You will need to make a request to DIT to release you from your current course and make the transfer to dkit. Send an email to directors of both courses explaining your reasons for wanting to move. Once both colleges accept these reasons everything should be fine. I myself made a move last year from cit to lit at the last minute and everything worked out grand.

Advertisement