Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

make up

Options
  • 14-09-2010 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

i have pale white skin kind chubby i was wondering what kind of foundation suit my skin .i have black hair and brown eyes sort of Asian 100% irish .

i want to look attractive in some kind of way.

i have golden foundation ,tan foundation,natural foundation,ivory foundation,

any advice i don,t want to give my age

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Your colouring seems like mine OP - although my eyes are grey-blue on the edge but they have hazel/brown centres. I only wear pale foundation, which evens out the skin tone rather than giving me a colour. If I want to give my skin a bit of a glow I use a light tinted moisturiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

what colour is the undertones in your skin Ladylouise? Yellow or Pink??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭travelguru

natural or ivory foundation is to make flawless skin dont wanna look like a orange with too dark a colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

what colour is the undertones in your skin Ladylouise? Yellow or Pink??
    whats undertone?

travelguru wrote: »
    natural or ivory foundation is to make flawless skin dont wanna look like a orange with too dark a colour
    when i try on ivory i look like i am sick like ghost .the same with natural i look weird with Asian eye effect.my face fat with chubby checks and double chin, i am overweight by a few stone to make it worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Not to be funny or anything LadyLouise, but foundation isnt going to make a difference to how slim/large you look. Its pretty much for a flawless complexion.

Undertones basically tell if you have a cool skin tone or a warm skin tone.
    If your skin looks kind of pinky, then its a cool skin tone. If your skin looks like its got yellow undertones, then youre a warm complexion.

When youre choosing a foundation, you need to take your undertones into consideration.
    A foundation is not supposed to change the colour of your face. You shouldnt have to bring the foundation onto your neck at all, its basically just to even out your face. If you're pale, then you would need to use bronzer for countouring and a blush.

Not to be funny or anything LadyLouise, but foundation isnt going to make a difference to how slim/large you look. Its pretty much for a flawless complexion.

Undertones basically tell if you have a cool skin tone or a warm skin tone.
    If your skin looks kind of pinky, then its a cool skin tone. If your skin looks like its got yellow undertones, then youre a warm complexion.

When youre choosing a foundation, you need to take your undertones into consideration.
    A foundation is not supposed to change the colour of your face. You shouldnt have to bring the foundation onto your neck at all, its basically just to even out your face. If you're pale, then you would need to use bronzer for countouring and a blush.
    sort of red looking i don,t know what yellow undertone is ? natural tan foundation i tried but i don,t know really how it looks

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm close enough to your complexion (ridiculously pale, black hair, blue eyes) and I use 030 Sand in maybelline's pure liquid mineral range and it seems to work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

You just literally need to match the colour that's closest to your face. If you're stuck, why don't you go to a good makeup counter and ask? If you're in Dublin, all the counters in Brown Thomas do makeup lessons for a decent enough price, in and around €50 that's redeemable on products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Ladylouise, Are you based somewhere near Tralee?? If so take a trip to CH chemists on The Mall in the centre of town and they will sort you out. They have all the 'posher' brands there but have great range of high street brands also, as well as treatment brands such as La Roche posay etc. Any of the girls at the front of the shop will help you, just be honest and tell them what you are looking for:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement