Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi

Options
  • 14-09-2010 11:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to access the WiFi? It would be handy in between classes/on breaks etc.

On the induction we were told that our log in details were probably our student ID & date of birth, but it's not working for me! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

That's what it should be, did you try same "140910" and "14Sept10"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah I tried all different variations of it, looks like I'll have to contact IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

You get on to the wireless the same way you get onto the network, how do you log in to a computer?

Misa-san wrote: »
    You get on to the wireless the same way you get onto the network, how do you log in to a computer?
    I haven't, yet.

Is that same way by using your Student No. & D.O.B?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

It is yeah. In the form of X000... ddMmmyy

If you haven't logged on to a computer yet, maybe you aren't seen as on the network. That could be the issue. Talk to your technicians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I cant even pick up the connection on me phone. weirdism!

Thanks guys...

I'm only part time so I won't be using the computers there all that much, if at all. It's mainly for wifi on my phone (i always get a good signal btw, ground floor) and also so I can log into moodle and stuff at home.

I've sent an email off to I.T anyhow, see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Its case sensitive. Make sure its ddMmmyy with the capital on the first letter of the month.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Its case sensitive. Make sure its ddMmmyy with the capital on the first letter of the month.
    I love you.

I guess when I tried it that way before I didn't use a capital letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

My trusty iPod seems to pick up wifi everywhere I go in college! Same with my nokia 5800! Soooo handy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement