Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint Voucher in Rustic Stone

Options
  • 14-09-2010 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, When Dylan McGrath shut Mint down there were alot of angry voucher holders left with useless pieces of paper. Would they have any right to use those vouchers in Rustic Stone, the new restaurant opened by his grumpiness? If he was just an employee in Mint it would not be right, but if he was an investor then surely he has to pay all his debts before he can open up again? I'm tempted to leave my €300 voucher as payment there anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I sincerely doubt it TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

mumbler wrote: »
    Hi, When Dylan McGrath shut Mint down there were alot of angry voucher holders left with useless pieces of paper. Would they have any right to use those vouchers in Rustic Stone, the new restaurant opened by his grumpiness? If he was just an employee in Mint it would not be right, but if he was an investor then surely he has to pay all his debts before he can open up again? I'm tempted to leave my €300 voucher as payment there anyway!

The quick answer is no.

Mint was part of a limited liability company and like many businesses it suffered in the downturn. If there was any issue with fraudulaent trading or any other issues with the way the company was operated, then the directors would have been barred - as this did not happen it can be taken that it was simply another casualty of the recession.

Fair play to him for setting up again - for some reason Irish people begrudge a business person for closing and trying to set up again. In the USA you get congratulated and you learn from the errors in the previous business.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They would be completely separate companies. (Probably even with different investors). The new company has no legal link with the old company and therefore no obligation to honour the voucher from the old company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redlad133

What a silly question! Yea you bring your voucher for payment, I'd love to be a fly on the wall!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

redlad133 wrote: »
    What a silly question! Yea you bring your voucher for payment, I'd love to be a fly on the wall!!

@redlad133 As you're a new poster, please understand that we aim to be helpful on this forum.

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement