Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Question re past intakes

• 14-09-2010 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Hi

Quick question re past intakes

When the freeze was not on how many recruits would be taken on per 6 month cycle?

Many thanks in advance
    And to you guys in limbo. Keep your chin up.
    Z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

As I understand it in the good old pre-freeze days intakes started about every 5 weeks ( although there were longer gaps to facilitate Summer holidays , Christmas , etc ).
    Training lasts 21 weeks before attestation and thereafter there is a 10 week course of 'Operational Training ' covering things like driving,firearms , etc.
    As far as I know intakes are around 50 but sometimes as high as 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

delancey42 wrote: »
    As I understand it in the good old pre-freeze days intakes started about every 5 weeks ( although there were longer gaps to facilitate Summer holidays , Christmas , etc ).
    Training lasts 21 weeks before attestation and thereafter there is a 10 week course of 'Operational Training ' covering things like driving,firearms , etc.
    As far as I know intakes are around 50 but sometimes as high as 60.
    Hmm

So each campaign would take on about how many roughly

2 campaigns a year , 53 (remove three weeks for holidays)

53 / 2 = 26

26 / 5 = 5

5 * 60 (best case scenario)

300 Per campaign roughly ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The twice yearly recruitment campaigns are no more , for several years now it has been 1 annual campaign with 440 positions available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

a squad caps out at roughly 60, but is never that high due to people pulling out/dismissal/recoursing.

The Last reds (my crows) graduated with 53 new officers, the blues before us were ~39. The yellows are the next up, and as it stands will consist of 35 or so people, however there is always the chance that some will be unsuccessful in their week 20 resits, meaning even less will graduate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement