Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour Championship - PGA Tour

Options
  • 14-09-2010 10:13pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

Have not made any bets yet but I'm really favoring just lumping on DJ and Kuchar admittedly. Both are really short odds though as expected, 9/1 on PP.

Kuchar is in his home state I should also add.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Have not made any bets yet but I'm really favoring just lumping on DJ and Kuchar admittedly. Both are really short odds though as expected, 9/1 on PP.

Kuchar is in his home state I should also add.

i'm not having a good end to the season,i need a win,you would think the course will suit big hitters,Phil,Tiger,Camillo and Scott won the last 4 here. The course record however was set by Zach Johnson(60) so i don't know,the extra pressure of winning the extra $10 m will tell for the top 5 imo,(what i mean is going in knowing they win this they win the bonus)i think i'll go with good pressure putters this week,not even going to study past form,Zach @25/1,Michelson @8/1,win only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bluetheshots

heavyballs wrote: »
    i think i'll go with good pressure putters this week

This event does not start until Thursday 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Two selections:

Steve Stricker win only @ 8/1

Zach Johnson e/w @ 25/1 (Both B365)

Both players are models of consistency and if they can keep a bad round off their card should go very close. Pressure won't affect either player.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

Zach Johnson and Ryan Moore the standout early prices for me in this one.

I also had big success last year on the "To shoot lowest round" market and I'm hoping they're offering it again this time round. Ogilvy and Perry were the men last year but Z. Johnson has also gone low here before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

im on z. johnson and laird since last week, didnt know it started this week. will add stricker 8/1 5e and maybe big phil to that list.:D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm jumping on the ZJ bandwagon after reading comments here and elsewhere.

Still unsure whether to go for DJ or Kuchar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

Full Preview now in, still awaiting prices on the lowest round market.

I'm jumping on the ZJ bandwagon after reading comments here and elsewhere.

Still unsure whether to go for DJ or Kuchar though.
    ya! zj is one of those guys you'd love to lump on to win this tournament. he's playing pretty well at the mo, and coming to a course he's had good results at to boot. the dream recipe! might stick e10 to add to the e5 i already have on him, now i think of it! :D

didnt know kuchar only lives 20 minutes from the course, and has played numerous practice rounds here. hes also talking himself up, and seems to be pretty confident in his ability to win this week! so now tempted to go with kuchar as well. il have all d 30 fcuking players backed at this rate!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I'm thinking Kuchar win only, Choi and Villegas each way and maybe Allenby as top australian.

• Advertisement

in the end im on kuchar 10/1, zach johnson 25/1, steve'E stricker 8/1 and laird 100/1. all outright only, all E5 bets! fingers crossed now!:D gud luck with your bets lads!

Hmm I thought I posted my bets but obviously not :confused:

Anywhooo, couldn't choose to go with heart or head.

So went with

DJ @ 9/1 (win only)
    Kuchar @ 11/1 (win only)
    ZJ E/W at 20/1 :(

didn't get to see any golf last night,had a look on the phone last night and saw Jim Furyk at 8/1,couldn't resist ,he's only 1 off the lead,i think Casey will schit himself like he did 2 weeks ago.(and i was on the f....r)I think the €10 bonus will play havoc with his head,that bonus might just cover his teams wagebill for the year
    If Phil doesn't win it i think Jim has a great chance

my four lads are off to a fine start anyway! +2, +4, +4, +6! so where's the tour headed next week?:D

Carnage for most of us. That 1 week break has stopped many players momentum it seems.

I just stuck a few euro on Mahan @ 18/1

didn't get to see any golf last night,had a look on the phone last night and saw Jim Furyk at 8/1,couldn't resist ,he's only 1 off the lead,i think Casey will schit himself like he did 2 weeks ago.(and i was on the f....r)I think the €10 bonus will play havoc with his head,that bonus might just cover his teams wagebill for the year
    If Phil doesn't win it i think Jim has a great chance

thank you Jim you little daisy,first win in a couple of weeks,only 8/1 but i'll take it,straight into the bank tomorrow and get some sterling with the winnings for the R.Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

you going over for it or what?

Kod-box wrote: »
    you going over for it or what?

yeah ,over on Friday morning,comimg back Monday morning,tickets for Sat and Sun, staying in Cardiff,can't wait,week-end away without the wife,Cardiff's a great spot by all accounts,.schit, i nearly forgot about the golf there for a min:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

yeah ,over on Friday morning,comimg back Monday morning,tickets for Sat and Sun, staying in Cardiff,can't wait,week-end away without the wife,Cardiff's a great spot by all accounts,.schit, i nearly forgot about the golf there for a min:D

Actually Cardiff can be a bit hairy if you know what i mean, wouldn't be a patch on Swansea. Still you'll be in bed early after walking 2 rounds of golf each day ;)

Actually Cardiff can be a bit hairy if you know what i mean, wouldn't be a patch on Swansea. Still you'll be in bed early after walking 2 rounds of golf each day ;)

with a bit of luck and a warm(female):D ars beside me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's a mighty spot for a session, everything is in close proximity for a stellar nights entertainment. I was over there the weekend Ireland won the Grand Slam and it was one of the best sessions I was ever on.

Advertisement