Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking..UCC..Victoria Lodge

Options
  • 14-09-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey everyone, just looking for a bit of info. I'm starting a Masters in UCC next week (it was meant to start in October and only got an e-mail today saying its starting next week instead :confused:) Anyway, I'm only going to be in UCC for 3 months and as the whole thing has been very rushed I'm staying in Victoria Lodge for my time there. I'm from Sligo so obviously need to bring my car. The problem is that as I'm not staying the year I don't want to pay the year's fee to park at Victoria Lodge (250e plus 80e deposit) and they have no option for me to pay just for the time I will be there. Is there anywhere nearby I can park? I don't mind paying for it but obviously somewhere I wouldnt have to go back every few hours and update a ticket would make things easier.
    What's parking around the college like?
    Thanks for any help ye can give me! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 curlynettie

Parking around the college is rubbish, sorry! I have lectures one day a week, and even then it's a pain. I suppose you need to work out whether €250 is cheaper than doing one of the these every day:

• There is a park and ride (maybe there are 2?) but they are full by 8am, leave the car there and they take you in by bus. I think it's free but i'm not sure, there are details on the ucc website under details for visitors i think.
    • There is a car park on college road, it is at least €15 a day, and full by 9am.
    • Then there is on-street parking.. I do this, you need to register online, they send you a disc for the window, then you can top up by phone. You have to do this every 2 hours but they send you a text to remind you. It's a pain, but at least you dont have to go to the car and you dont need change. i think it's about €10 a day but not sure. Dont leave the registration until the first morning you need it! It is run by Park Magic http://www.corkcity.ie/services/roadstransportation/trafficdivision/parkbyphone/
    • a lot of the housing estates around the college have got themselves designated as pay parking, but you could look around (i havent found any tho) - the locals get residents discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Is there a reduced fee for parking in Vic Lodge after xmas seeing as its just for one semester?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JohnyDarko

If you aren't going to be driving anywhere much, then just leave it across the street from the park & walk on college road by Dennehys cross (not far from where you're staying), as its free parking there, and leave it there for a month or three... pretty safe area but the problem is its really small and most people (such as myself) leave their cars there for day or even weeks at a time, however theres always spaces on a Sunday and most evenings.

I might do that. Is it allowed to be left there for a few nights at a time?

As long as you like, but since I'm incredibly paranoid I check once a week that they haven't put up pay-parking signs to secretly catch me out like they did down by the mardyke two years ago.

• Advertisement

Id be parnoid like that myself. And is it safe? Is it patrolled or cctv or what?

As safe as anywhere really, its along a fairly busy stretch of road, most people walk along a footpath which is cut off by a wall from it and its across the road from the UCC satellite car park which has a security guard from 7.30 till 10.30. I've never had any problems there anyway.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.889021,-8.504621&spn=0,0.001206&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=51.889028,-8.504753&panoid=tdHuZrgAKZwxZdpWsU4ZtQ&cbp=12,102.56,,0,18.52

Thanks very much so, thats very handy. If i see anything like them making making it pay-parking ill post up here :)

Advertisement