Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

received and infraction (red card) for honestly trying to clear up something i said

Options
  • 14-09-2010 7:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

hi there

i am absolutely confused and annoyed at why i have received an infraction red card on the gigs thread!!!

have a read through
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055977803&page=6
    i am aloud to have an opinion on boards as any other member as lordgoat said!! ye my post was taken the wrong and lord goat told me to be more clear when posting things so i just simply tried to clarify what i meant?
    just to clarify what i meant
    i said
    Quote:
    so what if they mind , your their to have a laugh and see a good concert
    you said
    Quote:
    Ignore this. Everyone there has the right to enjoy themselves.
    your at a concert to have a good time and get your moneys worth which is the same as saying you have the right to enjoy yourself , thats what meant

loard goat has told me that this was reported by a few people , but i do not see any smerkness and any intention of being rude atall i was just trying clarify what i meant before people started jumping down my troat.
    if some one like an admin have a look that would be great , i feel i dont deserve something so harsh just trying to do what a mod told me to do .

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from the Help Desk.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

A V A, please read the dispute resolution procedure as outlined above - the first step is to PM the moderator. If you can't arrive at an agreement, you can take your issue up here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

oscarBravo wrote: »
    A V A, please read the dispute resolution procedure as outlined above - the first step is to PM the moderator. If you can't arrive at an agreement, you can take your issue up here.

i have pm'd the mod and he has pm'd me back , i tried to get him to understand where i am coming from, nothing was changed and thats why iv taken it to here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have contacted the moderator to get their side of things.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

To be honest that thread speaks for itself.

There was a question asked about standing at gigs, AVA responded with an unhelpful and what i viewed ignorant answer. I pointed this out and indicated on thread that if she wished to take it further to PM me.

She ignored this and replied on thread - i gave her an infraction but didn't ban here which i possibly could have. The reason she escaped a ban was she did PM me asking me to explain why she could not have a tit-for-tat on thread about this. I replied saying it was off topic and un necessary.

GNR
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055930369

She got a yellow card in the GNR thread as well for posting material basically what i viewed trying to wind up GNR fans. Following this i got PM's about why did she get a yellow card. I explained why.

After this she then posted a face palm pic in the GNR thread - i deleted the post. No infraction or ban - both of which were warranted but that thread was causing alot of hassle so i let it slide. I then got a PM asking why was her 'funny pic' deleted. I explained why.

PM's are in my account and can be viewed if ye guys need it.

I'm under a bit of pressure at the moment and can't look up the GNR thread dor the other posts. I can do at a later date.

I have no idea why this has ended up here, i viewed the matter as dead. Apologies for the time and hassle that this will take.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

how was it un helpfull :confused: i answered what he had asked, i do not see nothing wrong with that ??
    and yes i did get an infraction for the gnr thread yes but what i said in the gigs question is nothing compared with the gnr comment !!!!

my questions and pm's where confused questions not telling you i did this or did that and i wasnt giving abuse towars to atall , i was just wondering why i received a red card for simply trying to clear and clarify what i said up , so people on thread and your self lordgoat could see what i meant and i didnt have a go at you and ask why i got an infraction on thread,i pm'd you.

and lord goat you said i could take this to the help thread,this is no hassle at all i would just like this cleared up thats all,i dont think i deserved this red card atall!!!
    and im a bloke mods

As i said you got the infraction for ignoring the on thread warning. I've explained all of actions as well as i can.

I'm letting the c-mods deal with your complaint from here on.

Apologies for referring to you as she, i had it in my head you were female. No offense intended.

people make mistakes man but when you warned me i pm'd you and you did say be more clear , thats just what i tried to do

A V A wrote: »
    people make mistakes man but when you warned me i pm'd you and you did say be more clear , thats just what i tried to do

Just for the laugh can you post up the PM or wherever it was i told you to be more clear. Because i have no recollection of ever doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Okay I think the first thing to bear in mind is that when a moderator gives an on-thread instruction, it needs to be kept in mind and obeyed. Maybe you thought you weren't doing anything wrong by trying to clarify what you wrote but now you know to just obey the moderator instruction and if you don't agree with it, PM the moderator and discuss it off-thread.

The second thing to bear in mind is that you have come to my attention in the past for doing the same thing in a different forum.

Taking both of the above points into account it is my opinion that the infraction is justified.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Malice_.

Is this over and done with?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Its been a week and more, so I'm marking this as resolved and closing.

If there's a problem with that, please PM me or one of the other Admins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement