Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc repair

Options
  • 14-09-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

hi all ,
    any one recommend a pc repair place in town ?
    Thanks
    Dar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

computer lynx beside st marys church on the corbally road

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

kilburn wrote: »
    computer lynx beside st marys church on the corbally road

Haven't heard great reports about them but here is a list of other places you could go:

Moviedrome Henry St
    Hamsoft Tait Business Centre
    MCS Parnell St
    PC World near TK Maxx
    Computer Repair Place opposite Hurlers Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

I do PC repair

pm me the details of your problem, and ill sort it for you cheap (much cheaper than the stores listed)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭tommy26

I have a problem with the hinges on my laptop,who could i get to fix this in limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭majnus

What do you mean by "problem"? You mean loose? Usually, after years they become loose and all you need to do is tight the screws, that's it, DIY job for 10 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭tommy26

It has snapped off,so it will need more than a screw.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

tommy26 wrote: »
    I have a problem with the hinges on my laptop,who could i get to fix this in limerick?

I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago - hinge literally snapped off and screen wouldnt stay upright. Brought laptop to a place in Davis St, across from the train station. Droped it in and he said he'd have a look at it and ring me with a price - no phone call and when I phoned a few hours later he said he had already fixed it. Arrived back at the shop - 70 yoyos :eek: Now, they fixed the problem but I got ripped off, at least I think I did - yer man tried to convice me that it was 100+ in PC world.

tommy26 wrote: »
    It has snapped off,so it will need more than a screw.

well the hinges are cheap, what laptop is it? for some laptops they are like €5, and it is quite easy to replace...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago - hinge literally snapped off and screen wouldnt stay upright. Brought laptop to a place in Davis St, across from the train station. Droped it in and he said he'd have a look at it and ring me with a price - no phone call and when I phoned a few hours later he said he had already fixed it. Arrived back at the shop - 70 yoyos :eek: Now, they fixed the problem but I got ripped off, at least I think I did - yer man tried to convice me that it was 100+ in PC world.
    majnus wrote: »
    well the hinges are cheap, what laptop is it? for some laptops they are like €5, and it is quite easy to replace...

Well this is just plain wrong that a business would chagre so much if the hinges are so cheap. :mad:

Name and shame them.

phog wrote: »
    Well this is just plain wrong that a business would chagre so much if the hinges are so cheap. :mad:

Name and shame them.

Labour. Average hour charge for mechanics/services/repair centres is around €50-€60, and we all know they're not trying to solve problems quickly.

Same with everything - I was fixing my car recently - i've paid €120, and then i've found out that the cost of the part was less than €5...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

http://www.goldenpages.ie/Computers/JK_Computer_Services/IE_1573720_1

this is guy is good and wont charge the earth for repair work, been around years. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

I'll throw my hat into the ring and say we can be of assistance to you. best of luck with it OP.

Advertisement