Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Finance/Funding Problems!

Options
  • 14-09-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help? Got turned down for a grant to do my masters in engineering. However on appeal, I was awarded 50% fees.

However Im coming off jobseekers allowance, which I was getting for the summer, and because its a masters Im completing, Im not entitled to the SVP Education Fund or Back to Education Allowance from the Social Welfare..

Im really stuck for money and dont know what I am going to do, only work part time, maybe 10/15 hrs per week.

Does anyone know if I would be entitled to anything? I dont know if I could even pay half the fees as things are tight at home also?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help? Got turned down for a grant to do my masters in engineering. However on appeal, I was awarded 50% fees.

However Im coming off jobseekers allowance, which I was getting for the summer, and because its a masters Im completing, Im not entitled to the SVP Education Fund or Back to Education Allowance from the Social Welfare..

Im really stuck for money and dont know what I am going to do, only work part time, maybe 10/15 hrs per week.

Does anyone know if I would be entitled to anything? I dont know if I could even pay half the fees as things are tight at home also?

Maybe go to the bank and enquire about a student loan. Good luck, hope it works out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

loan im affraid, good luck. stick at it im finishing my masters now

Advertisement