Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wide-leg jogging pants?

Options
  • 14-09-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

I'm a size 16 and I'm trying to loose weight. I'm in a gym and working the cardio, but I find that at 5'8" it is really hard to find long, wide leg jogging pants/ sweat pants, preferably in black, that are long enough and dont make me look like I'm wearing leggings! I carry weight around the thighs and derriére, and I find that most of the excercise clothes I try on are designed for those who have alreadly lost the weight!

I'm pretty self-concious and would really appreciate any advice on getting nice long wide-leg excercise pants for walking and working out. Anyone have any tried and trusted labels that aren't too expensive for the size 16's among us?

Any advice would be really appreciated, as it's hard enough to go to the Gym without looking awful there too!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

M&S are great for stuff like this imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

+1 for M&S, they do nice dance/yoga pants that are light weight and a flattering fit too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

+2 for M&S. My housemate swore by them. Evans are good, too. Both are even better if you manage to get items in the sale - my housemate got a lovely pair of jeans for 7 euro recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Brilliant. I had never even thought of M&S and looking at their online catalogue they have a really good range!

What is it with the likes of nike etc making tiny short trousers? Surely the overweight have to start somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh don't even get me started!

Sports brands seem to only want thin, fit people wearing their clothes. Everyone has to start somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I got ones in Dunnes a good while ago. Plain black with a thin pink stripe down the sides. They're size 16 and far too long for me really!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Heatons/sportsworld have nice wide long leg ones for under 25e! Have to say legs are too long for me so i'd imagine being taller they'd suit you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I got a pair of wide leg pants by le coq sportif in Elverys.

I can't remember how much they were but they were cheap enough!

Advertisement