Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine Ruined?

Options
  • 14-09-2010 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

I got a bottle of Masi wine about a year ago.

1034492x.jpg

It has one of those plastic corks and no matter what I did I couldn't get it off. So I left it sitting there for about a year. Over time, very dark, syrupy wine seemed to slowly be emerging from it. I figured I had gone in too far with the corkscrew, pierced the bottom and it was done for. Then last night I had another go and it popped open. I can't see any of the signs that it has gone bad and it tastes alright. The weird thing is that the bottom of the cork was completely intact. Anyone have any ideas why the liquid was escaping from the original corkscrew hole?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 MOHPremierWine

If you bought it, take it back to the shop.
    If you received it as a gift, contact the distributor for a replacement: Findlater Wine & Spirits Group. tel 4047300

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Sounds like it was cooked/oxidised - not as easy to recognise as a corked wine

Advertisement