Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info on killeagh gardens

Options
  • 14-09-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

any one have any info on the houses in killeagh gardens ? what is it like to live there etc thanks noel

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Buying or renting? Either way, it's a nice estate in a nice town.

You'll get better answers if you ask more specific questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Theres lots of empty units, askin about 150K for a 3 bed detached on Daft. I think Cork County Council owns about 27 units in the estate.

Houses are A rated, good value for money but a bit cramped. And its Killeagh!
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Think the builder went bust 12 months or so a go Liquidater was Ernst & Young who were selling the finished houses through Wiliam Wallace auctioneers. My advice be wide very wide.

sok2005 wrote: »
    And its Killeagh!

I've been here a few months now, it's actually one of the nicer places in this part of east Cork.
    Cape Clear wrote: »
    My advice be wide very wide.

That's not really advice though, or rather it's not very informed. There's no problem buying from a liquidator if you go into it with your eyes open, you're not in a rush, and you don't expect miracles.

I'd happily give the OP more info, but they haven't actually answered my question so I guess they've moved on. Big difference between buying and renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

dahamsta wrote: »
    I've been here a few months now, it's actually one of the nicer places in this part of east Cork.

I lived there for 17 years and it was poor enough TBH.

• Advertisement

That's not really advice though, or rather it's not very informed. There's no problem buying from a liquidator if you go into it with your eyes open, you're not in a rush, and you don't expect miracles.
    The issue is not who you buy it from but rather what happens in the future ie. management of the estate maintenance security etc

sok2005 wrote: »
    I lived there for 17 years and it was poor enough TBH.

Each to his own I guess.
    Cape Clear wrote: »
    The issue is not who you buy it from but rather what happens in the future ie. management of the estate maintenance security etc

Eh, I live there, I'm kinda aware of this. Unfortunately estate management companies and builder's warranties aren't worth a damn these days anyway, so it makes very little difference.

Again, it's all about enumerating risk. The houses are dirt cheap for the spec - 'A' rated, cheap to run, good quality - but you get what you pay for in the warranty/management areas. That's why they're cheap. If someone wants security (possibly the illusion of security) then they shouldn't buy from a liquidator. If they're comfortable with risk and have allowed for it, then it could be a possibility for them.

And this is all moot, because the OP could just be looking at renting.

Each to his own I guess.

Eh, I live there, I'm kinda aware of this. Unfortunately estate management companies and builder's warranties aren't worth a damn these days anyway, so it makes very little difference.

Again, it's all about enumerating risk. The houses are dirt cheap for the spec - 'A' rated, cheap to run, good quality - but you get what you pay for in the warranty/management areas. That's why they're cheap. If someone wants security (possibly the illusion of security) then they shouldn't buy from a liquidator. If they're comfortable with risk and have allowed for it, then it could be a possibility for them.

And this is all moot, because the OP could just be looking at renting.

Fair enough. Just out of interest who is responsible for the up-keep of the roads common areas?

The liquidator. I'd guess that it'll transfer to the council when the company is wound up, unless they bundle the existing estate with the remainder of the site. I've been chasing via the council because some of the lights aren't working, latest I have from them is:
    > I understand that a drainage survey has to be carried out and a full
    > snag list will issue thereafter.
    >
    > The liquidator has stated that the lights will be dealt with "in due
    > course."

The liquidator is a scumbag, but probably no more of a scumbag than half the builders out there. He'd want to get his finger out soon though, or he'll be pulling my foot out of his hole.

The flip side is that everyone pulls together to handle the smaller stuff and keep the place looking nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭noel50

tx for the info I am hoping to sell to buy (if i can ) in march next year (my spelling sucks so i have not being in touch in writing but reading all the time) area is important the house seems fine (not in it yet) but please let me know about any problems I understand that a drainage survey has to be carried out and a full snag list will issue thereafter. tx noel

• Advertisement
Advertisement