Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnosis Practice Group

Options
  • 14-09-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi there

Anyone interested in meeting up to practice hypnosis techniques etc? I am doing a course in Clinical Hypnotherapy in 2011 and would like to practice inductions, patter etc. If interested please let me know. I am based in Dublin.

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

pastor wrote: »
    Hi there

Anyone interested in meeting up to practice hypnosis techniques etc? I am doing a course in Clinical Hypnotherapy in 2011 and would like to practice inductions, patter etc. If interested please let me know. I am based in Dublin.

Thanks

Paul

i would! what could i expect? and what are u going to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

Hi stedabee

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it. I would like to practice inductions I am currently studying the Elman Induction and would like to practice it for real. I am currently following the Gerry Kein Basic - Advanced Hypnosis video training and would like to practice some of the techniques from the training. I will be attending a full Clinical Hypnotherapy course with the Hypnosis Academy in March 2011 but would like to have covered the basics before then.

I am interested in trying out as many techniques as possible and learning from other practitioners.

My long term goal is to open a Hypnotherapy Practice in 2011 I have counselling qualifications and experience and wish to develop my skills in the area of hypnosis.

I would hope with enough interest it could be a good social event too.

Hope that this sparks your interest.

Any thoughts or comments?

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

I am currently following the Gerry Kein Basic - Advanced Hypnosis video training

Any thoughts or comments?

I just googled it .Did you pay 650 for it???

Ps i am in dublin but my time is pretty limited at the moment where abouts are you ???

Hi crotalus667

I did indeed and worth every penny I might add. I too am in Dublin and I am very flexable where and when I can meet. I would love to het this going.

Thanks

Paul

Hi crotalus667

I did indeed and worth every penny I might add. I too am in Dublin and I am very flexable where and when I can meet. I would love to het this going.

Thanks

Paul
    Hi Paul I am up to my eye's at the moment , (i just logged on for a sec) I'll pm you later and we can chat;) (it will prob be much later but def today)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Meh, why the hell not. If you sort something out, I'll see if I can make it.

I'll msg you via FB if we get some thing sorted Harry ;)

Am I friends with you on there? I'm guessing crotaluss667 isn't your real name!

??? wrote: »
    Am I friends with you on there?
    Yep, (i am also father trance on the UCF)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

this is a course i would love to do, but i do not live in dublin, is there distance learning for this course, it is something i am interested in with a while, since i am unemployed and have time free with the past eighteen months due to the slum we are in right now, maybe the time has come for me to do what i like, not what i can find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Sounds interesting! What would it involve?

Hi all

Thanks for replying to my request to setup a hypnosis pratice group. As I have mentioned previously I am interested in praticing various hypnosis techniques particularly that am learning from the Gerald Kein video training course. I would like to pratice the Elman induction, other instant/rapid inductions, deepeners, emerging techniques, conversational/street hypnosis etc. I would also like to be hypnotised during pratice to get a feel for it myself. Perhaps learn self hypnosis techniques as well. I am also interested in NLP. I am in the process of contating a number of UK & USA groups tp get their advice as to the best way to proceed in setting up a pratice group.

I will post their replies and then work out how we should proceed.

crotalus667 I received your pm thanks and will reply in the morning. I also checked out your blog and was very impressed I am sure that we could all learn a lot from your experience.

I have outlined my interest above I would love to hear what other people think about what we could do/learn?

Thanks

Paul

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it. To date I have received no replies to the e-mails sent to the establised pratice groups in the UK and USA. I would like to set a date within the next three weeks to have our first meeting. What I was would like to suggest is that we could meet and watch the relevant section from the training video e.g. the Elman induction and then pratice it. Perhaps some of the more experienced hypnotists could also do a demonstaion of other hypnotic techniques? i am happy to provide documentation for the inductions etc.

What I really want to get out of this is the confidence in my ability to hypnotise and be hypnotised. This for me is the key to my development as a Hypnotherapist I have some knowledge but lack the pratice to put it into use.

Please let me knowe your thoughts on the above and I would love to hear your suggestions as to how we could improve on the above.

The date that I was thinking about was Thursday 28th of October in the city centre at 7:00pm? Location TBC.

Please let me know.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

if the night suits me, I could possibly come up to sit in on this. Its a bit of a trek from limerick, so weekends are usually better (friday nights), but we can see with what you go with.

Hi zuroph

Wow trekking up from Limerick! I would be happy to do it on a saturday morning/afternoon or a Friday night if other people could attend. What do others think?

Thanks

Paul

I'm up for it if the night suits and it's a vaguely casual thing. Sitting down and watching formal inductions and discussing them isn't really my thing... Anyone who hasn't seen it yet might be interested in checking out my site, www.hypno-help.blogspot.com, if you sign up for the newsletter you get a free induction that maybe we could have a look at if you guys are interested... ;)

What I really want to get out of this is the confidence in my ability to hypnotise and be hypnotised. This for me is the key to my development as a Hypnotherapist I have some knowledge but lack the pratice to put it into use.

I’ll be honest with you , when you are practicing with people that are invested in it ie hypnotists / people aspiring to be hypnotists you will not learn as much as when you go out and practice on the public because when you fail (and we all do) that is when you learn.

As for being hypnotized yourself don’t get too hung up on it (although iirc it is a part of your class) some hypnotists find it very hard to be hypnotised

The date that I was thinking about was Thursday 28th of October in the city centre at 7:00pm? Location TBC.

Please let me know.

Paul
    Wow trekking up from Limerick! I would be happy to do it on a saturday morning/afternoon or a Friday night if other people could attend. What do others think?
    Saturday morning or afternoon may be ok for me week nights are a definite non-runner for me at the moment (I really am up to my eyeballs) just pick a date / time and whoever can make it can turn up ,

Ps

I think Harry hit it in the head with casual;)

I’ll be honest with you , when you are practicing with people that are invested in it ie hypnotists / people aspiring to be hypnotists you will not learn as much as when you go out and practice on the public because when you fail (and we all do) that is when you learn.

Thanks for the comments I really appreciate them, what I want to get out of this meeting is to be confident in hypnotising using various inductions etc. Once I have this confidence I have a number of volunteers lined up to pratice with. What would you both suggest as the best format for our first session? Would you both be willing do some demonstrations and then work with us individually? I am happy o be guided by you both. I would like to try the Elman induction.

As for being hypnotized yourself don’t get too hung up on it (although iirc it is a part of your class) some hypnotists find it very hard to be hypnotised

I am not too hung up on it but I would like to be hypnotised and experience it for myself.

Saturday morning or afternoon may be ok for me week nights are a definite non-runner for me at the moment (I really am up to my eyeballs) just pick a date / time and whoever can make it can turn up ,
    Weekends are fine for me and I will post again with a date just need to check with the family to see what their plans are for me!

I think Harry hit it in the head with casual;)

Yes I think it should be casual and a bit of fun as well.

Thanks again for your comments.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Paul have you done anything with hypnotism before? I feel you might be putting a bit too much pressure on yourself RE inductions. We'll run through a few, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with what can be used as an induction..

Once I have this confidence I have a number of volunteers lined up to pratice with.
    If you have some one lined up go for it asap , ACT confident it will work ,
    Explain to your victim sorry I mean volunteer:D what they should expect then do the induction , a deepener and wake them . If you have 3 volunteers and you take them one by one with the elman , worst case scenario you will get 2 under (that’s allowing for no3 not cooperating)

zuroph wrote: »
    Paul have you done anything with hypnotism before? I feel you might be putting a bit too much pressure on yourself RE inductions. We'll run through a few, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with what can be used as an induction..
    Who was it that said “everything can be an induction”

Paul rather than learn every induction “learn how inductions work”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'd like to be hypnotised if you need a volunteer!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LuvTil3

I'm thinking about getting the video some of you were talking about earlier (Gerry Kein Basic - Advanced Hypnosis video training) does anyone have a spare copy that I can buy from them second hand? Can't really afford the as new price....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Jerry Kein is fantastic - definitely the biggest influence on me in the area of hypnosis. I've been using his techniques with my hypnosis clients over the last years.

LuvTil3 - I have a number of his videos (on VHS cassette) if you're interested, including the earliest course he put out, featuring a young Jerry. He's an absolute master and whatever you pay for his course will pay itself back many times over very quickly.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 abbeyjcksn

This is really nice thread as well as discussion about the Hypnosis Practice Group. I really like to read this thread very much. As per my knowledge hypnotism is the big mistrial things in magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

SanoVitae wrote: »
    Jerry Kein is fantastic - definitely the biggest influence on me in the area of hypnosis. I've been using his techniques with my hypnosis clients over the last years.

LuvTil3 - I have a number of his videos (on VHS cassette) if you're interested, including the earliest course he put out, featuring a young Jerry. He's an absolute master and whatever you pay for his course will pay itself back many times over very quickly.

Paul

how much are his videos or tapes

Hi guys

I am no longer hung up on inductions/being hypnotised I bit the bullet and completed a Hypnosis Certification training here in Dublin. I would like to propose Saturday 26th of March as a possible date for a get together? The other guys from the course will attend as well. I would love to look at instant/rapid inductions and if crotalus667 or Harry were willing to do a bit of work with us on those that would be great. It would be casual and a bit of fun but also a great opportunity to practice the rapid/instant inductions. If you are interested in being hypnotised please let me know and we can sort something out.

If you are available please let me know. I have access to a room in the city centre so that wont be a problem.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Paul

24th works for me I think. As long as it's central Dublin!

Just a quick reminder about Saturday 26th and the following is the itinerary:

2:00 Start, Gerry Kein video.

2:20 Kieran - language, tonality, emotions and question and answers.

3:15 Caitriona – setting up in practice, introduction to Hypnobirthing and Hypnofertility and questions and answers.

4:00 Break

4:20 Practice session (please let me know what you would like to work on).

5:15 Harry – confidence, instant & rapid inductions and questions and answers.

6:15 Social part i.e. visit to a local drinking establishment, bit of food etc.!!!

If there is anything that you would like to be covered please let me know. I hope that you won’t mind contributing €5.00 to cover the cost of the room and refreshment’s etc.

I will confirm the venue in the next day or two.

Please let me know if you can attend.

Paul

Sorry there was not a hope of me making this , how did it go ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement