Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet on Campus?

Options
  • 14-09-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I know it's a bit of a daft Q, but is there free Wi-Fi anywhere in DCU? I'm debating whether or not I'll need USB broadband for my laptop... Is it even necessary? Or should I just make a mental note through the day of stuff I've got to google when I get home? :D
    I'm in languages btw, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

There's wifi pretty much everywhere I think, it's pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Except in accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Is the accomodation internet very restricted? I assume you can't do stuff like torrenting, but what about access for games etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Funky wrote: »
    Is the accomodation internet very restricted? I assume you can't do stuff like torrenting, but what about access for games etc.?

For the first half of last year it was pretty restricted, they seemed to lift the restrictions at some point though.
    I was definitely able to torrent in second semester, and no longer needed to set up the proxies they gave or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Pygmalion wrote: »
    For the first half of last year it was pretty restricted,

this was the same for all of the previous year, last semester was the first time torrenting was possible on campus, fingers crossed it lasts

• Advertisement
Advertisement