Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlerea Questions, schools? tax?

Options
  • 14-09-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello I'm moving to castlerea in the next couple of months, does anyone have any recommendations for schools in that area and surrounding, both primary and secondary? Or Schools to avoid?

Also are there any new tax rates, water rates or any stealth tax's that have appeared since I was last in Ireland (15 years ago). I have just found out that the school bus fee is more than i realised with it possibly increasing to 500euro per student per year in the next budget, just wondering what other expenses that might be lying in wait for me? Water rates? waste collection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

Hello I'm moving to castlerea in the next couple of months, does anyone have any recommendations for schools in that area and surrounding, both primary and secondary? Or Schools to avoid?

Also are there any new tax rates, water rates or any stealth tax's that have appeared since I was last in Ireland (15 years ago). I have just found out that the school bus fee is more than i realised with it possibly increasing to 500euro per student per year in the next budget, just wondering what other expenses that might be lying in wait for me? Water rates? waste collection?

Are you moving to the town? If so the three primary schools are spot on and no loss on the community school either. PAYE rates are lower than 15 years ago. If you are moving to the town then school bus will not bother you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

PAYE rates are lower than 15 years ago.

Only until the end of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 powerjuggler

Are you moving to the town? If so the three primary schools are spot on and no loss on the community school either. PAYE rates are lower than 15 years ago. If you are moving to the town then school bus will not bother you!

Thanks for the reply, I'm moving to a house about 5 miles out of castlerea, so the kids will have to get the bus unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Thanks for the reply, I'm moving to a house about 5 miles out of castlerea, so the kids will have to get the bus unfortunately :(

would driving them be cheaper? sharing the lifts with a neighbour(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

there are numerous primary schools in the area, all the surrounding small villages such as ballinlough, ballymoe, loughglynn, ballintubber, castleplunket have their own and even the tiny hamlets just outside castlerea e.g. trien, tarmon have primary schools so which ever is closest is probably most suitable

as for secondary schools, the community in castlerea serves the entire catchment area, there used to be two second level schools in the town but now just one, after that the nearest second level institution is probably ballyhaunis in county mayo (approx 10-12miles) west

• Advertisement
Advertisement