Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Second Hand Bookshop

Options
  • 14-09-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Just graduated and going through books I don't want anymore. Can I still make use of UCC's SU second hand bookshop to get rid of them since I'm technically no longer a student?

Also I wonder if it's still up on college road opposite the car park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Celtise wrote: »
    Just graduated and going through books I don't want anymore. Can I still make use of UCC's SU second hand bookshop to get rid of them since I'm technically no longer a student?

Also I wonder if it's still up on college road opposite the car park?

I'm not sure as you're no longer a student. They informed me about sellings via student email. Call in and ask? Give them to a friend to drop in?

Yup, still up on college road.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

You could try the UCC noticeboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

It's ok I checked otherwise with the SU and they said graduates can use it too once the books are still in use!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Sorry to half derail the topic, does anybody know any good websites besides Amazon to buy books off? I was given the names of a few to buy, and I thought I might shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I'm guessing from your sn that you're a fresher. I remember buying loads of books in first year that I never used, wished I'd waited a few weeks until I found out if the lecturer was competent (and their notes). Anyways, I always used amazon when I couldn't get books elsewhere but the noticeboard and SU bookshops were good a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

I tend to find Book Depository cheaper than Amazon, particularly for large academic texts, as there is no shipping to pay. I found they had all the social science texts I needed, but I'm not sure what stock they carry with regard to natural sciences/humanities/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

If you don't mind older editions of text books second hand, www.awesomebooks.com have loads for £1.99 and its free delivery with 2 or more purchases. I have bought LOADS of text books from there, well worth checking out:) Delivery is always quick and the books are in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

+1 on awesomebooks. Range isn't quite as strong but it's a gem of a site. Have ordered from them many a time.

Advertisement