Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone sour

Options
  • 14-09-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,977 ✭✭✭

Anyone get the new album. What ye think of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭diddly3000

yeah its awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Going to see if I can get it tommorow. Has anyone listened to it. How does it compare to the other albums?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

OMFG! Totally forgot about this :o Yay! Will get it tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Not as heavy as any of the other albums but i really like it. Corey is a savage singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Massive step up from CWM, which itself was a massive step up from the self titled. Great, solid and consistent album. There's not a bad track on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Might just check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Brilliant album. Not a weak or bad track on it. \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Yea, just gonna reiterate whats been said already, got it last night of itunes and been listening to it non-stop, class album:D \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ballz me, I almost forgot.
    and off to the downloads I wander!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Hmmmm I may indeed have to check this out goin on whats been said here people, cheers for the heads up :cool:

• Advertisement

Got the new album today and listened to it the moment I got home. Pretty solid stuff, I agree with the poster who there wasn't a bad song in the album. Trully something worth the listen. Don't have a favourite song though

A few good songs (Say You'll Haunt Me/ Threadbare) but I had to skip the odd overly sappy track and some parts were a tad Puddle of Mudd-ish (Pieces). I'll stick to the first two albums. /disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

A few good songs (Say You'll Haunt Me/ Threadbare) but I had to skip the odd overly sappy track and some parts were a tad Puddle of Mudd-ish (Pieces). I'll stick to the first two albums. /disappoint

Totally agree,

Theres 2 maybe 3 songs at the most id want to listen to again..

pretty disappointed, I had high hopes for it

Planning on giving this my first listen on bus tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

jaysus, not really my cuppa tea at tall.
    The first two albums have so much raw emotions flowing out of them, this album seems so much more "tame" compared to the previous two.
    I'm sure theres a market for it, but its not really for me.

I didn't really enjoy it either.

I suppose when you compare it to the other albums, it's not what you would expect. The only notable songs I think are Threadbare and Hate Not Gone. However I think it's passable all the same, it's just Stone Sour trying new stuff. But hell Slipknot are the same now as well, their songs have changed a lot since the 90's and early 00's

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

I think it ****in rocks. Definately one of the albums of the year so far imo. I didn't think it would even compare to 'come whatever may' but i have been pleasently surprised. Quality :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jemser

Saw them in Hammersmith on Sat night,they were absolutely brilliant,Corey Taylor is one hell of a front man...A7X were excellent too and Hellyeah put on a good show but stone sour stole the show for me.......also got to see 2 of the best drummers around in the one gig:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Going to see them tomorrow night. Looking forward to it for these guys and Hellyeah because of the obvious Pantera connection, have seen AX7 once before and SS twice....always put on a good show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

I was at the Sunday night gig at the Apollo. Stone Sour were brilliant, and Corey was in great form. Didn't really know much about A7X but they put on a good show and a cool stage set up. Hellyeah were pretty great too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Going to see them tomorrow night. Looking forward to it for these guys and Hellyeah because of the obvious Pantera connection, have seen AX7 once before and SS twice....always put on a good show
    where?

Didnt know about new album, must check out

where?

Saw them in Newcastle. Queue was the worst I've ever seen for a performance and stretched twice around the block! As a result I missed the support band and was really pissed off that I'd missed Vinne....Crowbar are coming here in December, so I guess I get to see Rex at least

Interviewed Greg Tribbett from Mudvayne/Hellyeah before the gig (was supposed to interview Vinne but the tour manager changed it so I looked stupid with my rare Pantera vinyl in my hand lol) and also met Corey Taylor briefly, shook his hand, spoke about the weather...the usual formalities, came across as a really nice guy actually and I was glad I got the chance to meet him. I also offered him my condolences on Paul's death but didn't want to push it by asking whether that was the end of Slipknot.

Have a video uploading on YouTube at the moment of Stone Sour singing Bother, will link to it when it's finished.

SS set was excellent, the usual material from the new album alongside hits like 'Bother' and 'Through Glass' and '30/30 150' and, something I loved, 'Get Inside' and 'Made of Scars' both got airings which was brilliant. I have to say that whether or not Slipknot continues, this project could define Corey's legacy even more then simply a solo band.

I left before Avenged Sevenfold. I've seen them twice before and, to be honest, the only saving grace might of been if they'd got Vinne behind the drums for a rendition of 'Walk' or seeing Mike Portnoy with them but I'm not in any way a fan of their music and I got into the performance for free so I was happy to head early.

Here's the video I promised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cloee

I like the album, not half as good as come whatever may though

*smack*

I just want to apologise and retract this. Gave the album a second chance recently and was pleasantly surprised that are many hidden gems on it.

Am addicted to Digital in particular and this has become my most played album of the last few months.

Anyone know if they're going to play Ireland/ UK soon?

Advertisement