Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad trip to edgewood

Options
  • 13-09-2010 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭

I just thought i'd post this up here. Has anyone else seen this? I remember watching it years ago and being rooted to the seat. Not really a conspiracy theory as such but a very interesting documentary.
    http://www.archive.org/details/BadTripToEdgewood

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Hi Daroxter, welcome to the CT forum.

Could you give a description of what the video is about and your thoughts on it. I can't watch vids on this sh1tty slow mobile internet connection at the mo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

yekahs wrote: »
    Hi Daroxter, welcome to the CT forum.

Could you give a description of what the video is about and your thoughts on it. I can't watch vids on this sh1tty slow mobile internet connection at the mo! :)

Its a doc about drug testing carried out by the US government on soldiers at the Edgewood Arsenal in the 50's and 60's. Its the true story of where a lot of the MK ultra stories come from.
    Soldiers were given various substances like amphetamines and LSD and the results filmed. The doc goes on to tell about some instances where the "volounteers" were terminally ill/vegatative war vets and details the health problems some of the healthy test subjects suffered aftterwards. There are download links on the page too if you want to watch it in your own time.
    My thoughts on it....absolutely shocking. Scary tbh.

Edit: the sound is about 1 sec out of sync but its easy to line up if using VLC to watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Daroxtar wrote: »
    I just thought i'd post this up here. Has anyone else seen this? I remember watching it years ago and being rooted to the seat. Not really a conspiracy theory as such but a very interesting documentary.
    http://www.archive.org/details/BadTripToEdgewood

Thanks for the link Daroxtar. It is researching military projects like this that lead me to take alot more interest in conspiracy theories. When these experiments were going on they would have been highly classified and had someone suggested in public that such things were going on in the 50s they would have been labelled paranoid or a nutbar or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

joebucks wrote: »
    Thanks for the link Daroxtar. It is researching military projects like this that lead me to take alot more interest in conspiracy theories. When these experiments were going on they would have been highly classified and had someone suggested in public that such things were going on in the 50s they would have been labelled paranoid or a nutbar or whatever.

I watched it a few years ago myself, and your dead right, at the time these experiment's were taking place nobody would have known, even the guinea pig soldier's weren't fully aware if I remember correctly, I'll watch it again when I have time.
    But if it had have been expressed in public at the time by somebody that these experiment's were taking place, they'd have been called a nut by the usual suspect's.
    I'm not sure if it's in this video but they also carried out test's on the public in public places, both U.S. and U.K., so you'd wonder what they're up to now and what has gone and continue's un-noticed.

This actually can be added to the conspiracy fact thread that was around not too long ago.

Advertisement