Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Michael O'Leary a CT'er or a skeptic

Options
  • 13-09-2010 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/global-warming-is-bullst-says-ryanair-boss-oleary-2333336.html
    In an interview with The Independent littered with expletives, the chief executive of Europe's largest airline branded the scientific consensus that man-made pollution is heating up the planet with potentially grave consequences for the future of humanity as "horse****".

He agreed the climate was changing but denied it was caused by man-made emissions of carbon dioxide, such as those from his planes. "Nobody can argue that there isn't climate change. The climate's been changing since time immemorial," he said.

"Do I believe there is global warming? No, I believe it's all a load of bull****. But it's amazing the way the whole ****ing eco-warriors and the media have changed. It used to be global warming, but now, when global temperatures haven't risen in the past 12 years, they say 'climate change'."

What camp would you put O'Leary in? CT or skeptic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Micheal o Leary just hates anything or anybody that gets in his way.He laps up the climate change "conspiracy" probably because he doesnt like the fact that he now has to pay "carbon" taxes.Interestingly he told people to vote no in Lisbon then on the 2nd referendum he switched to the yes camp because it suited him at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

joebucks wrote: »
    Probably the freemason camp :)
    Or to put it more in realistic and acceptable terms he's probably in with the banker crowd.
    The other 2 categories are below that hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Yep I also think that he will support whatever position will help him earn more dough. Not sure if he's a mason though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

He is neither. He is just a realistic person with his eyes wide open and has not fallen for this Bullsh*t GW scam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

He is neither. He is just a realistic person with his eyes wide open and has not fallen for this Bullsh*t GW scam

Do you not think there's a possibility he is just saying it because it suits his vested interests?

Like how another posted that he was against lisbon I, but in favour of lisbon II, as it suited him.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Torakx wrote: »
    Probably the freemason camp :)
    Or to put it more in realistic and acceptable terms he's probably in with the banker crowd.
    The other 2 categories are below that hehe

He is married to an (ex?) investment banker. But then so are a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

yekahs wrote: »
    Do you not think there's a possibility he is just saying it because it suits his vested interests?

Like how another posted that he was against lisbon I, but in favour of lisbon II, as it suited him.

Definitely. It could also be said that he is just tired of playing the same old media driven game of bigging up man made GW.

I see it like this, The top scientists around the world could announce tomorrow that the earth is actually facing a new ice age, and I bet it will still be man made and still cost us more in carbon taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The man is the head of an aviation company, of course he's going to say climate change is rubbish. Then again, I'd trust him as much as I'd trust the rest of the armchair environmentalists and scientists. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Michael O'Leary doesn't know what he is himself. He flitted between anti and pro Lisbon stances when it suited him and any interest he has in climate change conspiracies is based solely on his position as the head of Ryanair as pointed out already.
    He changes to suit whatever is going to help his profit margins.
    The guy is a capitalist first and foremost, after that it's anybody's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

He usually says whatever suits himself so you can't always believe what he says. I do think though that he has CT qualities. He doesn't follow the crowd and he's successful by doing things his way. I also doubt he's one who believes everything he sees or reads about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

He's just a sceptical, ruthless, hard nosed businessman. Whats not to like.

Advertisement