Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert, Research Study Report (RSR) Topic Ideas

Options
  • 13-09-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there I am Conor. I joined this forum about 3 mintues ago, so I know that this is a big ask from a online community that I have given nothing to, as of yet. But will do in the future . :)

I really have to get my RSR done with in the next 2 weeks, the main reason I want to do this is just to get it out of the way. While still producing a good bit of material that will get me marks . The main reason behind the need for speed is that I am starting me DCG project and this will be taking up most of my attention and engry. So what is the problem; you ask? Mainly that I do not have a topic picked. I was going to do the IRB and there dealings with the GAA, mainly because I could justify it as an association that I have been in involved with all my life basically. But anyway I struggled to make a start by even finding sources that dealt directly with it.

So in short I need suggestions for a topic to pick for my rsr project, and if you feeling charitable :rolleyes: references and or links to the relative sources.

Thanks for any attempt to help me, look forward to posting at this forum.
    Conor Chaney.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

If you could focus on something that's not too broad but theres lots of sources you'd be grand... I'd recommend:

Kevin Barry (I did him for mine last year and got 97% in my project :D)
    Lord haw haw
    something local, some incident, person, anything of relative interest
    if you're interested in football why not the life and times of some old famous footballer like jack lynch? once you can justify its historically relavent you'll be fine.

As for sources just google the name of you're project and you'll find websites, book names etc. (wikipedia is a good one for links and source names but info can be dodgey)and look for them in your local library... even if you ask for info/books about your topic they should be happy to help! good luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ConorChaney

Ditzie wrote: »
    If you could focus on something that's not too broad but theres lots of sources you'd be grand... I'd recommend:

Lord haw haw
    something local, some incident, person, anything of relative interest
    if you're interested in football why not the life and times of some old famous footballer like jack lynch? once you can justify its historically relavent you'll be fine.

As for sources just google the name of you're project and you'll find websites, book names etc. (wikipedia is a good one for links and source names but info can be dodgey)and look for them in your local library... even if you ask for info/books about your topic they should be happy to help! good luck :D

Hi, thanks for the info and encouragement. Couple of questions, what exactly did you do on Kevin Barry. Details would be appreciated . I live out in Portmarnock, there is feck all famous people out here if any. I will have to wait till an bright idea strikes me or someone gives me a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Just wondering what is the project? What does it go towards?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

NotExactly wrote: »

I think it has to do with History.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Hi, thanks for the info and encouragement. Couple of questions, what exactly did you do on Kevin Barry. Details would be appreciated . I live out in Portmarnock, there is feck all famous people out here if any. I will have to wait till an bright idea strikes me or someone gives me a suggestion.

I compared two arguments, the one that Kevin Barry was a mindless thug who shot people for no reason :rolleyes: and the one that he was a brave young lad who deserves to be remembered... I used the book "Kevin barry and his time" and it was a brilliant help. For my outline plan, (you have to justify your study and state your aims) my aims were really simple, e.g i wish to find out how Kevin got involved in the IRA at such a young age etc, if you keep them really simple you'll have to do less work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I think it has to do with History.

That's really not helpful. Vague and smartass comments are not allowed on this forum. If you've nothing of use to say, say nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Piste wrote: »
    That's really not helpful. Vague and smartass comments are not allowed on this forum. If you've nothing of use to say, say nothing.

I was actually being serious. I looked the term up and it frequently referenced to History. I apologise if this came across as rude or ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ConorChaney

NotExactly wrote: »
    Hi, the RSR or research study report, that you are required to do for you leaving cert history exam. It goes towards you're over all mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rae92

I'm doing Kevin Barry for my project too and I was just wondering, what was the title of your project? I don't want t leave mine as just 'Kevin Barry'. :(

:confused:

Advertisement