Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitting

Options
  • 13-09-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering what is the going rate for babysitting. This being the teenage forum and babysitting generally being a teenage job, this seemed as suitable place as any.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My friend, who is studying childcare in college, babysits every Saturday night for a couple at the rate of four euro per hour before midnight and six euro per hour after. There are three children and they're all under five, one is only two months old. They also pay for her taxi home.

I don't babysit personally, and most other people I know who do get twenty or twenty five euro a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I normally get 7 euro an hour from the people I babysit for regularly. There's another family I occasionally babysit and we didn't really agree a going rate, they just hand me money at the end of the night (and it's quite generous too!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I've only babysitted a few times, but I got fifty euro from 8 to half 1 and 35 euro from 10 to half two my last two times. It's a handy bit of money, especially when I don't have any work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I used to get from 30 euro up to 50. It was pretty handy but sometimes I had about 5 kids at a go. They'd also not be back till around 2....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I used to get €8 an hour, that was before all this recession business though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

My girlfriend babysits all the time, she usually gets between €8 and €12 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

All I know is people with penises need not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cli2931

I get €20 a night for minding 2 children for about 4 or 5 hours usually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I was just on my way here to start a similar thread. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I babysat for five different families for a few years, most would give me 25-30 after a night (from something like 9ish to 2ish). Worst babysitting job was when I did 25 hours a week during 2 summers, at the grand sum of €80 per week (just over 3 euro an hour ffs >.<).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I need to show my sister this so she appreciates all the free babysitting I throw her way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

All I know is people with penises need not apply.
    :D I know. This wasn't for me. Someone just asked me to find out for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I used to get €12 an hour last summer.

I was babysitting a little boy with autism who could get a bit violent so that's why I got so much I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Can't believe someone did this for 4 euro an hour with 3 kids while the parts went out for drinks. Child labour

Advertisement