Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fujifilm Dun Laoghaire total lack of customer support

Options
  • 13-09-2010 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have spent the last 45 mintues uploading photos onto the computer in the fujifilm shop in Dun Laoghaire. I work locally and as such am happy to support local business, but this is the second time i "try" and use the shop and if the lady there were abit nicer or at th very least pleasant when each time i spend or in the case of today planned to spend over 100 euro.

To cut a long story short after painfull editing the photos (well nearly all). At 5.10 she says she is about to close, even though the sign on the door clearly says 5.30, so i questioned it and got told well the machines take time to close. Surely the machines get swtiched off at 5.30. It a fit of fury i took my usb card and told her i was not finished and as such had no option but to find an alternate supplier. This was just before 5.20, i only had about 10 more photos to do out of over 150. It would have taken 2-3 minutes.

I for one will not be supporting the fujifilm shop in Dun Laoghaire anymore, we all have to cater to our customers mostly in the present day, the lady in that shop needs to take this onboard.

Now i have vented can anyone recommend somewhere maybe online where i can get prints done in 5x7 pearl finish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I have spent the last 45 mintues uploading photos onto the computer in the fujifilm shop in Dun Laoghaire. I work locally and as such am happy to support local business, but this is the second time i "try" and use the shop and if the lady there were abit nicer or at th very least pleasant when each time i spend or in the case of today planned to spend over 100 euro.

To cut a long story short after painfull editing the photos (well nearly all). At 5.10 she says she is about to close, even though the sign on the door clearly says 5.30, so i questioned it and got told well the machines take time to close. Surely the machines get swtiched off at 5.30. It a fit of fury i took my usb card and told her i was not finished and as such had no option but to find an alternate supplier. This was just before 5.20, i only had about 10 more photos to do out of over 150. It would have taken 2-3 minutes.

I for one will not be supporting the fujifilm shop in Dun Laoghaire anymore, we all have to cater to our customers mostly in the present day, the lady in that shop needs to take this onboard.

Now i have vented can anyone recommend somewhere maybe online where i can get prints done in 5x7 pearl finish.

she wasn't lying,the photolab has to be shut down,and cleaned (it's a step by step on screen process you have to follow)
    if you order 150 photos they have to be copied into the printers hard drive on the network and large orders can be VERY slow to convert if the filesize is anyway big

this is fine if you have a few staff in the shop to multitask (i,e someone to cash up and somebody to shut down the lab) but otherwise the woman could easily be 15-20 minutes late getting out of the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Charlotte TWM

thanks for the reply, i never said she was lying. I walked into the shop at 16.45, she was not pleasant when i wlaked in. All it would have taken was a short bgy the way i need to close the machines at ....., i have tried uploading photos there twice over the last week, last time the machines were playing havoc.

If i had been told i would have said BTW i have loads of photos and been told maybe it is best to come back tomorrow and that would have been fine.

To be told after doing most of the and in a very unpleasant way was appauling.
    has customer service gone out of the window, or is it normal to get badly treated and expect to pay for the lack of service. I don't think so!!!!!!!

we have to vote and acto with our voices and feet, and i am doing just that WRT to the shop in Dun Laoghaire, and i have no issue letting friends and colleagues know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I understand it to be disappointing when this happens and yes, by the sounds of it, the shop may have been better able to advise you of the situation but in fairness to the shop (and from what you say), they had no indication as you walked through the door as to what volume or how long you were going to need, let alone what the copy transfer and print process would take.

I say this in the knowledge of a similar experience I had recently in harvey normans in blanchardstown. I went in about 4:15 with 300 full resolution images to have printed. After a failed attempt at doing a correct mix of 5x7, 6x4's etc.., I had to attempt a second time (none of this particularly the machine or retailer's fault).

When I paid and returned to the desk (they do a print while you wait) I was greeted by a quite pleasant young lady who told me they'd be at least an hour. What was different is that she advised me that if I didn't want to wait what was a lengthy time for that outlet, that I could come back the following day - that they would still have the job on the system. As it turned out, I hung around for the hour, caught an expensive coffee in Starbucks and picked up my images. But to be fair to harvey normans in my situation, they had no idea I was about to upload 300 images consisting of a gig and a half of image size. Sure enough when I did return at 5:45 the machines were being drained and the computers turned off.

Sorry for your trouble. As for an alternate, if you can get to a harvey normans they do a cheap but ok service (I'd rather they gave an option of a paper upgrade but ce la vie).

For fantastic enlargements and so forth try boards user stcstc (he's a professional printer with outstanding results and out dunlaoighre direction) but he wouldn't be appropriate for a batch of smaller sizes like 5x7 or 6x4's - he does a fantastic 8x12 which comparatively isn't too expensive. If you are ever looking for enlargements, he's highly recommended around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    As for an alternate, if you can get to a harvey normans they do a cheap but ok service (I'd rather they gave an option of a paper upgrade but ce la vie).

+1 If theres a harvey norman around give them a try, ive never had to print that amount of photos but any time ive used harvey norman theyve been quick cheap and consistent, and i'm pretty sure they use the fujifilm printers and computers too.

As for the fujifilm lady if it was the first time id give her the benifit of doubt and keep supporting because ive worked in a few shops and some times things can just make you grumpy (as with any job) but i was also told that customer is always key and should be treated as so and if that was my shop i would have given the extra time (within reason 20mins aint much) you needed , to ensure your custome again (unless i had plans that couldn wait then i wouldv explained so and told you to buzz off :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

What did she look like.....long straight dark hair....slim face....about 45 years old...if so she used to be my boss in Blackrock Fuji. I know where your coming from if its her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

not trying to be difficult - but did you mention to her you had about 150images to print ? when you walked in at 4.40ish ?

Personally I think customer service is gone to sh1t in this country - no matter what the service - because of chancers ..... using customer service to get stuff for free.

I've just returned from holidays in the states where they (in general) go out of their way to help you - one girl phoned 3 shops (even rival shops) to see if they had the item in stock...not a chance you'd get that in Ireland - a grunt of "we dont have it" and a roll of the sales assistant's eyes....and if you are lucky a sigh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If the Trading Hours are, say, 9am - 5.30pm then they should accept custom until 5.30pm. Now if the printer takes 15-20 minutes to clean & shut down then there should be some kind of notice to say that the machine will be turned off 20 minutes prior to the shop closing.

You could contact the FujiFilm head office to discuss the matter with them so that they have a chance to improve their customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Sounds like she doesn't realise that there's a recession on. People who aren't hungry for business and who don't facilitate customers don't deserve to succeed. Simple as that.

I echo ACT's reference to stcstc. Outstanding, but probably not appropriate to your batch.

I've occasionally used www.photobox.ie with reasonable success. They're not quick though, at least a few days before you get your prints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Charlotte TWM

Sadly it was not the first time i have had this reception in the fujifilm shop in Dun Laoghaire both times by the same unpleasant lady. What is the phrase twice bitten third time shy. That is what i willdo stay well clear.

If i had even been told or if there was a sign that clearly said photo uploads up to 17.10 i could live with that.

And yes the lady is maybe 45-50, grumpy, brown hair and looks like she thinks we are all about to steal everything in the shop.

Thanks for the recommendation on the larger size printers, will investigate once i see what the 5x7's look like

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭thefizz

Sadly it was not the first time i have had this reception in the fujifilm shop in Dun Laoghaire both times by the same unpleasant lady. What is the phrase twice bitten third time shy. That is what i willdo stay well clear.

The phrase is "once bitten twice shy", I would have stopped going there after the first bad experience.

My local pharmacy has those Fuji machines (not sure how similar they are to what you used) and they turn them off at 5pm even though they open till 5:30pm. I was told that this is because some folks come in and say they only have a few prints to do but then spend ages printing loads and delay the closing of the shop. They now have a sign up to say machines are switched off at 5pm sharp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement