Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Registration Question

Options
  • 13-09-2010 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just wondering, it says on the Financial Statement that the Registration Fee and Capitation Fee has to be paid. On the Payment of Fees section it says only "150" is due. I'm in receipt of a grant. Do I have to pay €1,650 now, or will I just do the 150. Don't understand why I'm not being asked for the €1,650 on the Payment of Fees section.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

pharmluke wrote: »
    Just wondering, it says on the Financial Statement that the Registration Fee and Capitation Fee has to be paid. On the Payment of Fees section it says only "150" is due. I'm in receipt of a grant. Do I have to pay €1,650 now, or will I just do the 150. Don't understand why I'm not being asked for the €1,650 on the Payment of Fees section.
    Thanks.

I got the registration fee grant last year so all i had to do was pay the 150 euro when prompted. But i think i had to get some form signed so that the college could get the money back off the council. Id give your local council office a ring just to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Also, not to hijack the OP's thread but what's the time restriction on paying the registration?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I wouldn't know, but I'd say soon enough so that you can pick your modules and get access to them on Blackboard.

I'm in the same boat as the OP this year, must register tomorrow when I get a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

Also, not to hijack the OP's thread but what's the time restriction on paying the registration?

There is no time restriction on paying your reg fee. You could pay it next April if you wanted to, just be aware that you won't be able to use your student card until you do pay it and if you're a first year you won't get your student card until you do pay it(as far as I know). You also won't be on any class lists until you pay it so if you're on a course where you have to sign in then you'll need to mention to lecturers why you're not showing up on their lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

There is no time restriction on paying your reg fee. You could pay it next April if you wanted to, just be aware that you won't be able to use your student card until you do pay it and if you're a first year you won't get your student card until you do pay it(as far as I know). You also won't be on any class lists until you pay it so if you're on a course where you have to sign in then you'll need to mention to lecturers why you're not showing up on their lists.

Holy fúck. I'm paying this asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I didn't pay what was owed until yesterday, yet I was in the library and got books out - we were told about the class list thing yesterday alright, as the lecturers are getting them at the moment!

I didn't pay what was owed until yesterday, yet I was in the library and got books out - we were told about the class list thing yesterday alright, as the lecturers are getting them at the moment!

You're able to use it until college starts. So from the 20th of September you wouldn't be able to use your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

wait a sec so.. if I pay the €150 do I get all these things like the card and stuff? or is it the €1500 you are talking about?? I paid the €150, but as I am hopefully getting a grant I didnt pay the rest.. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Incorrect in my experience. I rarely pay my fees before spring time but am on all class lists & have Library access.

cork*girl wrote: »
    wait a sec so.. if I pay the €150 do I get all these things like the card and stuff? or is it the €1500 you are talking about?? I paid the €150, but as I am hopefully getting a grant I didnt pay the rest.. :/

I'm talking about the full amount that you need to pay. If you're on a grant then full amount would be €150 if you aren't then it would be €1650.
    Incorrect in my experience. I rarely pay my fees before spring time but am on all class lists & have Library access.

I don't know why that it is, but from personal experience myself and dealing with the fees office on behalf of people I know the policy is if you haven't paid then your card gets de activated. I don't know how you'd be on class lists either since you wouldn't be a student if you haven't registered.

• Advertisement

I don't know why that it is, but from personal experience myself and dealing with the fees office on behalf of people I know the policy is if you haven't paid then your card gets de activated. I don't know how you'd be on class lists either since you wouldn't be a student if you haven't registered.

You can register your modules but not pay the fees! When going through the registration process, you pick the modules first and then pay the fees. Thats how you could still be on the class lists but not have the fees paid!

Advertisement