Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foroige Club

Options
  • 13-09-2010 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I'm trying to find out more about Foroige youth org.. Is it just young teenagers (12-15) that go? Or is there something for older teenagers? Is there anyone who has been that can tell me more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girlyhappyface

I believe it's for up to 18's. Ring them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You'll probably get more information here: http://www.foroige.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 easytalker

I'm trying to find out more about Foroige youth org.. Is it just young teenagers (12-15) that go? Or is there something for older teenagers? Is there anyone who has been that can tell me more?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Threads merged.

Has anyone been to Foroige youth club? Or know what it's like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

My religion teacher decided we needed one last year, and apparently runs it in the school at night, or something. My 16 year old brother went to something or other to do with it the other night and the TYs that helped my teacher set it up were about 17, so it must just be under 18s! No idea what it's like, or anything else at all about it though.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

There's one in my community hall. It's up till your 18 generally but you can use their facilities afterwards if you want. That's all I know really, every one of them is different depending on who is running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

My brother goes to one every Friday, and basically its up to 18 but no one in 6th year goes generally speaking!

They've entered talent competitions and go on trips and stuff like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

is this the foroige that the gardai try make you join if you get a jlo?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Sounds like it, they're all about targetting early school leavers/young mothers/people at risk of getting involved with illegal activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

vespahead wrote: »
    is this the foroige that the gardai try make you join if you get a jlo?
    Piste wrote: »
    Sounds like it, they're all about targetting early school leavers/young mothers/people at risk of getting involved with illegal activity.

:/ Iunno, I went to a foroige when I was in first/second year, and it was just a game of soccer with some drinks, music, and snacky treats. Probably some girly activities for girly girls as well. Lots of non-knackery locals attended.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Foróige is an umbrella organisation for youth clubs and projects. While some clubs / projects would be set up in disadvantaged areas, and have a special focus on addressing disadvantage, many are just your run of the mill local youth club. Like all youth clubs, they tend to be as good or as bad as the local volunteers and the members make them.

Thanks for the info guys!... mucho appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Foroige kinda failed here after a while, games of soccer get boring apparently!

Advertisement