Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Cooking club week 37: honey mustard chicken

Options
  • 12-09-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭

ok folks this is a fairly easy but tasty reciepe i got from one of the girls in work:)

Serves 2

2 chicken breasts
    1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
    1 tablespoon(ish) honey
    1 teaspoon chilli powder( or real chillis if you have them)
    half a red pepper
    half a yellow pepper
    handful or baby sweetcorn, mangetout and bean sprouts
    Optional extras
    rice
    or
    couscous
    or
    oven chips

Step 1:
    slash each chicken breast 3-4 times and place in a oven proof dish, for handiness i normally line the dish with a bit of tin foil makes the clean up much easier:D.

Step 2:
    Mix together the vinegar, mustard, honey and chilli powder, check the mix for taste you might need a wee bit more honey or chilli depending on your preference.

Step 3:
    pour the mixture over the chicken coating it well and pop it in the oven at 200c for about 20 mins.

Step 4:
    while the chicken is cooking stirfry your veg in a little oil, so its cooked but still has a wee bit of bite

Step 5:
    remove chicken from oven and plate up, pour and extra sauce over the veg.

Enjoy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I made this last night, psycho-hope. I used brown rice and some greens that I had in the fridge.

The chicken was lovely, so thanks!

picture.php?albumid=1161&pictureid=7343

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I used ground mustard seed as i'd no wholegrain mustard to hand. Twas lovely, thanks psycho-hope.

DSC_2773_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Well done, Mr. M. That chicken looks fine!

Advertisement