Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtightness contractor

Options
  • 12-09-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any standard that air tightness testers must meet or any qualification that they must have?
    There doesnt appear to be, so Im just wondering. I also note chevron training are doing an airtightness training course but if there is not a qualification required, whats the benefit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Siga to an airtightness install training session in a training centre in Mountrath about once a month and it only costs €50.

Unless you can get an airtightness contractor who is 'passionate' about getting the house airtight, I would take this on yourself. It will take you about 10 days to do it all right but once you see the amount of attention to detail that is required, you will see why any old 'joe soap' builder could not do it adequately.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thanks thats useful to know but I was talking about the guys who actually o the blower door tests- IS there a qualifiction that they must have or s it a case of anyone wh wishes getting the gear & going airtesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

http://www.nsai.ie/Our-Services/Certification/Product-Certification/Product-Certification-for-Air-Tightness-Testing.aspx

I could be dreaming but I think I read somewhere that NSAI certification for testers will become mandatory for BER certs soon.

This may result in higher quality service. It WILL result in higher service prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thanks, that would make sense though as it appears very open at the minute.

Advertisement