Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Providers (U.K) Help!

Options
  • 12-09-2010 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey, Im moving to the U.K for college and dont want to get a bill phone and I want to know who is the best provider to go with...?

Who is the best mobile provider for irish students in the U.K? 3 votes

Vodafone
    0%
    0%
    o2
    100%
    WalkmanRicky91tjay93 3 votes
    T-Mobile
    0%
    Orange
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You might get a better answer here: http://boards.org.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=550

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

o2
    I know people on three in the UK and they get a pretty good deal, I know they've recently brought out a new contract, 300 minutes, 3000texts and 2gb of internet for £15 a month, Which is very cheap compared to Irish packages.
    http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_Monthly/SIM_Only/Choose_your_SIM

The fact they have free skype calls too, Means you can get in contact with family over skype, If they're on three in Ireland as long as you're both in 3G coverage it'll be as good as phoning!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

My Girlfriend moved to Scotland for college last year and she picked Vodafone PAYG with some international add on and she thought it was pretty good.

But she is after getting a HTC wildfire over the summer so she wanted a data plan this year. Tesco mobile is the best one i can see: for 15GPD a month you get 500mins of calls and unlimited data and texts.

Just an FYI if you are on meteor T-mobile is the best crowd to roam with as i think its free to receive calls.

I'd agree with Rick about going down the VOIP route if you can, you will save loads. For calling regular landlines I'd recommend going with bluface.ie rather than Skype though, its normally much cheaper.

Advertisement