Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question for those who repeated

Options
  • 12-09-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    Im repeating(got 320) and i need 440pts.
    Just wondering, how can i make the most of this year etc. Any tips?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Thanks!

You make a lot of threads.

I'm repeating this year, got 375 but wasn't happy.

I'm gonna keep my head down, try not to make too many friends, study at home and etc.. I also dropped to pass german on the day so I'm gonna stick with higher again this year. Apart from English this year will just be revision so keep doing exam questions over and over to get them into your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

i did my leaving first in 2006, got 280, had a baby in between and then repeated in 2009, got 435
    tips would be to keep to yourself and keep your head down in your new school, i assume youre in a new school? anyway when i first started my repeat year i met alot of lovely lovely people, but when it got to about christmas time, i realised that a lot of them were just there for fun and not to do well. i wanted to study in there because i had my little boy running around at home making loads of noise but found i couldnt get my study done in there because there was always someone who wanted to chat. the college i was in wasnt great so i changed back to my old one after xmas, totally kept my head down and studied my ass off in there. you are responsible for yourself and your study, while its nice to meet new people , you have to realise that you are the one who will be opening the envelope come august and those people that wanted to have a laugh with you all the time will probably still be having a laugh but not going on to college. its only 9months, get the head down, get your results and make new friends in college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Hey guys
    Thanks!
    Studyyyyyyyy. From the beginning. I started on the 2nd day; great way to start the routine early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Yes, i do make alot of threads :D

well i start tuesday :) i took on a new subject, thinking of taking a second. Opinions?
    Yes im at a new school, thank budda!
    still have to sort through notes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

well i start tuesday :) i took on a new subject, thinking of taking a second. Opinions?

Spend less time online.. that 5 minute break to check boards/facebook/email etc usually leads to an hour (if you're anything like me!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

well i start tuesdaysmile.gif i took on a new subject, thinking of taking a second. Opinions?
    Stop asking that :mad::p Completely depends on your own intelligence, aptitudes etc, so know one can tell you for sure if your capable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭starry nights

I repeated and took up two new subjects, higher level geography and chemistry. Believe me it was not easy at all, but i did get a B1 in geog and B3 in chem which was great.

My tip is to study from the start, everyday. Take ONE day off, for me i took sunday off to get ready for the week. You should seriously try and study everyday even just for an hour, go over what you did that day in school. Also, just remember going out on the weekend is not a good idea, as you'll need to be studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

There are two things essentially needed. Motivation and Commitment. If you are highly motivated to study, it will be much easier. The motivation of getting the points you need should be high enough motivation. A large commitment will also be needed. Will you do the 2 hours study after training on a cold and rainy Monday night?

The Leaving Cert is a large commitment especially when you need to gain 120 points. Thats more than a grade in each subject ie. C1 --> A2.... 70-90 points or whatever.

Best of luck in repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

I'm in the same boat, I got 400 but am repeating to get 515 :( I'm not starting school til Wednesday but I've aready started studying, motivation is all you need, I know it's hard but think you could be doing your dream course this time next year! Good luck, hope you get what you want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Ditzie wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, I got 400 but am repeating to get 515 :( I'm not starting school til Wednesday but I've aready started studying, motivation is all you need, I know it's hard but think you could be doing your dream course this time next year! Good luck, hope you get what you want :D

well ive filed everything away and im doing out notes for geography! thanks a mil, i hope u get what u want too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Repeating and haven't started studying yet...:( Telling myself I'll start after the debbs(tomorrow night)... Can already see myself doing worse than last year...

Advertisement