Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I take up Economics?? - Can it be done in a year

Options
  • 12-09-2010 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

So basically I am repeating the Leaving Cert.
    I am good at business and plan on doing it in college so i am thinking of droping history and taking up economics.

Can the course be done in a year?? or is it too much work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Personally, I would say it would be too much work. Economics is really detailed and there is a lot of hard learning in it. I guess you could do it in a year, but it would take a whole lot of dedication.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Yes. Course is short & questions are fairly predictable for example there is one market structure questions every year and almost every year demand,supply and elasticity,international trade appear on the paper. 8 long questions & you pick 4 so there is a good choice and also for short questions you answer 9 and the best 6 are marked.The short questions are on the whole course so you wouldn't be able to leave anything out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

O think its very boring after 2 weeks of doing it, maybe it gets better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Yes you should if you want/need to

its quite good as its all learning and there is a good choice of questions
    6/9 shorts= 25%
    and 4/8 longs =75%
    alot of people do it in one year so you would be grand

Advertisement