Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO over a Football Match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Hi how are you, first time poster here, love the forum and very open minded to everything. Hate to be a spoil sport but that is actually a handglider motorised. I've seen them hundreds of times in Tenerife and the likes. When i lived out there, there was a company that did adventure sport things off the side of a mountain in costa adeje. This particular stunt was done at night with all the lights like your video and looked pretty stunning, they could move quite fast to with the motor on it.

Always regretted not doing it while living there, i'd say the views would have been unbelievable, also was quite pricey if i remember, something along the lines of 80euro for a half hour. But the video is definatly these, no doubt have seen them litrerally thousands of times crusing over the beach and strip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Hootanany wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRwpvwsHm4

How are they going to explain this one

Why is the video so short? Surely if it was a UFO they would have continued to record it. Is it possible they did continue to record it and discovered what it was and then edited the footage so we could not see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Yep still the same handgliders, doing some sort of display judging by the crowd, notice their flashing beacons for aircraft to be aware of them as they reach pretty good heights. As i said in my previous post i've seen them thousands of times and this is them not doubt about it, might have some footage on a camera fone myself from my time abroad. No promises but i will try dig it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

emot-siren.gifI think pokerface_me has unravelled the mystery.emot-siren.gif

• Advertisement

Drat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Report to your local de-briefing centre asap....:D

Report to your local de-briefing centre asap....:D

I wear Boxers though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You're fooked so......:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRwpvwsHm4

How are they going to explain this one

UFO's with Nav Lights and Anti Collision/Formation Lights, Cracking Post:pac:. Nothing Out-Of-This-World there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Tip for you, Nav Lights Red=Port=Left Wing, Green=Starboard=Right Wing,Strobes/Formation Lights are intensely bright and can be positioned on any part of the Aircraft, generally with white slow/Non Strobe-Strobeing on the wings and fast strobes on the Belly/Aft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

The very first comment on the youtube page explains what's happening.
    it's just planes. I thought the crowd chanting UFO and the flashing strobes would have given it away.. Kudos to MrZorg2012 and omygod666oms for getting it right. It was a promotion for the Winston-Salem Air Show, I guess a rather good one. People in town are still asking about the lights.. Video response attached where you can see the planes.

Advertisement