Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Riding & other activities for Wheelchair users

Options
  • 11-09-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to help a friend gain more independance and for her to do what she wants to do. She absolutely adores horses however she is in a wheelchair and I haven't been able to find any equestrian centre or horse riding school in Dublin that are adapted for wheelchair users - either to ride the horse or be on a carriage and have controls of the reins.

Does anyone know of any activity centres or equestrian centres that are adapted so that people who are in wheelchairs are not limited in what activities they can do in Dublin, Meath, Kildare or Wicklow?

Other suggestions for activities are gratefully appreciated as i've already posted this in the Disability&Mobility section but no suggestions as of yet!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Hi there,

Have you tried contacting Riding for the Disabled? This is their website. They cater for people with all sorts of disabilities, including people in wheelchairs, so they may be able to help you out.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

have you tried the festina lente riding school, i think its the bray area? i know they do therapeutic riding and so on and there are a lot of riding for the disabled events there and so on, this is their website: http://www.festinalente.ie/index.php/riding-school/

Advertisement