Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mods - Non blow-in troll version

Options
  • 11-09-2010 5:55pm
    Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭

As Bonkey said.
    bonkey wrote: »
    I see yekahs and The Recliner are showing up as mods of the forum. What's that about?

Only joking....I know what its about.

Myself and humanji have been discussing increasing the team-size over the past while...and finally got around to doing something about it.

Please welcome them to the team, (and give them a chance before hanging them on high wink.gif )

As we've done with previous team-changes, we'll use this as a chance to review the charter and how things are done around here in general. I see the Feedback thread has been acticve recently, so we'll take all you've had to say on board. Feel free to continue giving thoughts on where we could go / what we could try to improve things.

I'd ask only people who have an interest in the forum to post here.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Recliner I can't find your response to me now because of all the nonsense being posted in the original thread, but what you said was good enough for me anyway.

So best of luck and yekahs likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I posted the ideas for the superthreads in feedback as suggested by Yekahs if anyone's interested in having a read through them, I'd like to know what you all think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

I suggest both new mods be dropped immediately due to conflict of interest and two confirmed CTers are enlisted as their replacements. Not going to happen, just thought I'd voice my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

demonspawn wrote: »
    I suggest both new mods be dropped immediately due to conflict of interest and two confirmed CTers are enlisted as their replacements. Not going to happen, just thought I'd voice my opinion.

My conflict of interest is what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Why the need for a second thread? A bit silly if you ask me?

Also, by "Blow-in" i know you mean myself (and others).

If you had bothered to read the other thread, you would know i have an interest in this forum.

This very weak attempt to start a thread in which only people who agree with you will post is very sad and goes against the entire idea of Boards.ie as a DISCUSION forum

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Why the need for a second thread? A bit silly if you ask me?

Also, by "Blow-in" i know you mean myself (and others).

If you had bothered to read the other thread, you would know i have an interest in this forum.

This very weak attempt to start a thread in which only people who agree with you will post is very sad and goes against the entire idea of Boards.ie as a DISCUSION forum

:rolleyes:

Got anything to contribute then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

I have now had my avatar changed without my consent. I have disabled my avatar altogether and they have now disabled my user CT. Lads, get off this site.

nullzero wrote: »
    Got anything to contribute then?

Yes.

I believe that the idea that ONLY "CTers" should mod the forum is ridiculous!

The "CTers" don't own the forum, the opinions of the mods should be varied. This way, everyone's views can be respected.

To have only "CTers" as mods would give the forum a massive bias, those who want to question certain theories might be "supressed" themselves and the entire forum might be in danger of becoming a self parody!

There's nothing wrong with having Mods who don't agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

demonspawn wrote: »

Great idea. I nominate ME... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

demonspawn wrote:
    I have now had my avatar changed without my consent. I have disabled my avatar altogether and they have now disabled my user CT. Lads, get off this site.
    What a load of twaddle. A few of you guys are quick to blast these 'blow in trolls' and yet one of the most active posters in here - demonspawn - is nothing but a detriment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Who is suitable for the mod position from the ct side, and if they are, are they interested?

Yes.

The "CTers" don't own the forum, the opinions of the mods should be varied. This way, everyone's views can be respected.

To have only "CTers" as mods would give the forum a massive bias, those who want to question certain theories might be "supressed" themselves and the entire forum might be in danger of becoming a self parody!

OK, fair enough.
    Where has anyone apart from Demonspawn said that we only want CT mods (he mightn't even have said that) though?

You've managed to show your complete lack of knowledge of this forum and you've also insulted a lot of people.
    I have to agree that you're trolling and nothing other than a waste of space here.

So I'll re phrase my question...
    Have you got anything insightful of informed to contribute?

What a load of twaddle. A few of you guys are quick to blast these 'blow in trolls' and yet one of the most active posters in here - demonspawn - is nothing but a detriment.

You're the one giving him recognition.
    We're staying well clear.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Yes.

If you actually knew anything about the forum you'd realise that nobody is requesting that forum should be moderated by "ONLY CTers".

Clearly you don't...

... If you did you would realise that your whole post here is in support of what some would ask for i.e. "the opinions of the mods should be varied"

Its gone from 2/2 skeptic to 3.5/4 skeptics. Varied that does not make.

OK, fair enough.
    Where has anyone apart from Demonspawn said that we only want CT mods (he mightn't even have said that) though?

You've managed to show your complete lack of knowledge of this forum and you've also insulted a lot of people.
    I have to agree that you're trolling and nothing other than a waste of space here.

So I'll re phrase my question...
    Have you got anything insightful of informed to contribute?

Excuse me?

Can you show me where i have shown lack of knowledge? And where i have insulted anyone?

I haven't insulted anyone. Whereas you calling me a "Waste of Space" is actually insulting. It's funny because everytime you have accused me of something, you do so by practicing exactly what you accuse me of.

I have contributed on the topic, how can you not see this?

You are now dragging this off topic.

If you actually knew anything about the forum you'd realise that nobody is requesting that forum should be moderated by "ONLY CTers".

Clearly you don't...

... If you did you would realise that your whole post here is in support of what some would ask for i.e. "the opinions of the mods should be varied"

Its gone from 2/2 skeptic to 3.5/4 skeptics. Varied that does not make.

It doesn't matter what you say "you can prove anything with facts".
    This guy's only here to cause an argument in some attempt to make us all look irrational and stupid.
    Happily it's only making him look that way.

But some posters don't like the fact that a sceptic is a mod

Originally posted by DemonSpawn

This is a joke right? One of the biggest skeptics/deniers on these forums is now a mod? Well, I think I'm just about done posting here.

Excuse me?

Can you show me where i have shown lack of knowledge? And where i have insulted anyone?

I haven't insulted anyone. Whereas you calling me a "Waste of Space" is actually insulting. It's funny because everytime you have accused me of something, you do so by practicing exactly what you accuse me of.

I have contributed on the topic, how can you not see this?

You are now dragging this off topic.

I find it insulting that you'd think that I and other posters here are calling for some sort of insipid "Cter only" forum.
    You're assuming we all want something we don't, thus you insulted us, well done.

It doesn't matter what you say "you can prove anything with facts".
    This guy's only here to cause an argument in some attempt to make us all look irrational and stupid.
    Happily it's only making him look that way.

Again, insulting me. Does it threaten you so much that someone doesn't agree with you?

But some posters don't like the fact that a sceptic is a mod

You're one of two posters entertaining him , the rest of us are steering clear.

• Advertisement

I find it insulting that you'd think that I and other posters here are calling for some sort of insipid "Cter only" forum.
    You're assuming we all want something we don't, thus you insulted us, well done.

Can you show me where exactly i said EVERYONE wanted the forum to be CTer modded only?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Drama

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

BB, I appreciate the sentiments behind starting this thread (really I do!), but I feel its unnecessary. Also, the title basically calls certain posters trolls, which is against the charter. So I'm going to lock it. PM me if you want to discuss it. If you feel a poster is trolling report it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement