Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet costs on android?

Options
  • 11-09-2010 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Can someone explain how the charges on internet work when i use the internet on my samsung? Is it charged every time i log onto the internet.

I still get email notifications when i have wifi turned off, so it being charged all the time? I cant seem to log out of gmail.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Have you got a data package? Are you prepaid or bill pay? download a task manager application and try and kill all applications, you can download an app to turn data off.

I have 2gb internet on my billpay contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hi
    Can someone explain how the charges on internet work when i use the internet on my samsung? Is it charged every time i log onto the internet.

I still get email notifications when i have wifi turned off, so it being charged all the time? I cant seem to log out of gmail.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

If you are connected to 3g, then it is 'always on'. Gmail checks for emails at regular intervals and lets you know when there is one. You can change this interval to never check unless you tell it to though. You can easily get an app to turn 3g on/off though if you don't want to use data. The internet is much more than just through your browser.

Advertisement