Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics in the Institute.

Options
  • 10-09-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Just started in the Institute today. I came from a class of six in Physics with a brilliant teacher in my old school. We went slowly through the course but because there were so few of us we flew through what we did but it was explained perfectly. I was a B2/B3 student.
    Would I be better off doing slower paced Physics in the Institute? I'm assuming it's a smaller class size because it is slower and it is on at 5 a few nights a week. What is the main difference between the two speeds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

It is up to you whether you want to do fast or slow paced. Fast paced might allow you to go over the course twice but slow pace will allow you to go over it once but you may get a better understanding of the course. Ask the teachers and see what they say. Who cares about what time it is on at. It is your LC, you are doing and you want the best possible marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Cheers. It's the one teacher, can't remember his name!

The only reason I'm worried about time is because it means I won't get home until 7:30 pm and then have to do dinner, homework and study.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭irish_man

There's no fast paced class. There's just normal and slow. I'm in the normal one. You'd cover the same in both as you'd have the extra class with the slow paced one.

Pat Doyle is the name of the teacher. I had him for the crash course at christmas and he was excellent. If you're a B student stick to the normal pace. It won't be too hard to stick to. The time situation is annoying. I have a really long day on Wednesday yet I only have 2 classes on Friday! Doesn't really make much sense. I tried to stay away from evening classes as best as i could with the mind being brightest in the morning and all that jazz. :pac:

Advertisement