Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience with timber frame ?

Options
  • 10-09-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Does anyone out there have any experience with building a <SNIP> timber frame house ? If so how did you find them in terms of quality and cost ?

Mod Edit: DO NOT NAME A COMPANY ON THREAD, IT IS AGAINST THE FORUM CHARTER.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wolfhound14

PM sent, cos I don't think we can comment on named companies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

PM sent, cos I don't think we can comment on named companies here.
    Oh right, whoops. Sorry. Will check my PM. Sorry mods!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Id be interested in that PM also wolf

Been looking at ahem for the mother

Many thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Just built a TF myself no affialiation only a purchaser and am happy enough. Am building by direct labour with no previous experience but have spent 4-5 months going through all quoatations and references of 14 irish companies. What was the company mentioned as snip is now edited. PM only pleaseas i would like to know. I am happy to share my knowledege if it is any use at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Colza

Hi there
    I'm also at very early stage of a build project, and considering timber frame. I'd appreciate any PMs with experience of any of the providers, as I'm new to this!
    Also any comments on how much more expensive we are talking than block-build? Are we talking 10%, 20%, 30%?
    I know this depends greatly on the finishes, but a ball-park figure would be a help.
    We are interested in timber frame because of the speed, insulation, and (for a closed panel system) the reduction of risk involved in managing many subcontractors. So I'd consider paying a little more - just wondering how much more!
    thanks in advance

• Advertisement
Advertisement