Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

typical iphone app client-server communication

Options
  • 10-09-2010 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Hi
    What web service standard is typically used by an iphone app (where the webservice was specifically designed for the application)?..Or does it use http postbacks, when it doesn't need to be asynchronous?
    Looking at the possibility of porting an existing iphone app to an RIA (know nothing about iphone development)
    Thanks

edit: oops; should have put this in the mobile development forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

A bit buzzwordy, but I keep my web services RESTful and it works quite well building desktop apps and websites that use the service.

That doesn't really cover asynchronous stuff though. I suppose on the service side you could abstract out the callback side of things so that for iPhone client you send a push notification or something... But that's a massive guess by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Moved from development.

Advertisement