Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Frame vs Block

Options
  • 10-09-2010 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

A very general question as I am new to this. I suspect there are a wide variety of opinions on this, but just wondering what is the general feeling these days of Timber Frame vs Block in terms of :

* Cost
    * Time taken
    * Ease of management when doing by direct labour.
    * Quality

We are building a one off detached house in a very rural area.

etc.

Thanks in advance,
    Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wolfhound14

Hi Radar,

I can't answer all your questions because I'm only just starting the actual build, but I went with Timber Frame.

Cost is higher
    Time is shorter
    Management is easier
    No product on site yet so I cant comment on quality...but I'm hoping it will be worth the extra cash.

(Obviously these are just my opinions and others may disagree)

My foundations are 90% complete, just need to put in UFH pipes and screed and I should have the Frame in 4 weeks.
    The TF company were out this morning surveying the base and I am hoping to sign off final drawings early next week.

Advertisement