Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

concrete pumping

Options
  • 10-09-2010 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a company which will supply and pump 2 metre cubed worth of concrete to a residential address in north dublin. It's just a pathway around the side entrance, area is 18m sq, purpose is just for occasional foot traffic access / motorbike parking only.

Getting prices of €250 for the concrete and €350 for pumping which seems very high. Anyone supply and pump 2 cubic metres cheaper (alot cheaper :pac: )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AdamAntsy

Would a mixer wagon with a conveyor do the trick? Would be cheaper than a pump machine. Alternative is to wheelbarrow it in, 2 meters of concrete isn't too bad if you get a couple of others to help you?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Duncan31

Yep best bet is a conveyor, a few wheelbarrow & 2 free mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

the two m3 of cement would be 40 wheelbarrows. Very manageable and for €250 delivered you should get a wait time of at least half hour with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭moan 77

Hi, I got 12 cubes pumped up onto my first floor base yesterday morning for €1,200 Inc vat, I know I'm in South Kilkenny but that's €100 per cube pumped, I know I could get the concrete for €70 Inc vat per cube. This is probably not much help to you but you could at least quote the prices but not the area as I wouldn't think my man would drive up to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Information Seeker

AdamAntsy wrote: »
    Would a mixer wagon with a conveyor do the trick? Would be cheaper than a pump machine. Alternative is to wheelbarrow it in, 2 meters of concrete isn't too bad if you get a couple of others to help you?

I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Thanks for the replies lads. Think I'll rope a few lads in and barrow it. €600 is too much to justify pumping.

Advertisement