Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nervous Wait... Part 2

Options
  • 10-09-2010 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Some of you may remember my last thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055896518

I've not had a bet since then, but feel I have found a decent accumulator after looking around a little over the last few days. It's with Victor Chandler. Thanks goes to Pyro, who has tipped Poet's Place.

Poet's Place, Ayr Gold Cup 11.0 to win.
    Hull to be relegated: 7.0 (cracking bet)
    Martinez to last the season as manager of Wigan 2.75
    Speed to last the season as manager of Sheff. Utd: 1.57

Accumulative odds: 332.44
    Stake: 150
    Potential return: €50,000

I also like the look of Jordan Rhodes to be League 1 top goalscorer at 13.0 and Watford to be relegated at 3.5.

Bet will be placed today hopefully (before Hull get smashed by Cardiff)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Good man, Best of luck with the bet.

Brave man putting a horse in an accumulator like that! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

good luck with that.

been on this site for years nearly every day and i somehow
    missed your original thread so a belated congrats on that.
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading it just there i must say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Thanks man...

I didnt get the money deposited in time so it looks like I wont be going for that bet now. Poet's Place has dropped to 8s, and Hull were beaten by Cardiff so I doubt the same prices are available. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ALTESSE12

nonsense bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

ALTESSE12 wrote: »
    nonsense bet

Thanks for the input there buddy, real constructive :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

ALTESSE12 wrote: »
    nonsense bet

You probably would have replied the same thing to his last thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

turbobaby wrote: »
    Martinez to last the season as manager of Wigan 2.75
    Speed to last the season as manager of Sheff. Utd: 1.57

Bit of lurker here, but congratulations on the last bet, hope you spent it wisely!

Im just wondering on the above, why would you put these two in with such a low multiplier effect over the course of a season? Are these not semi-high risk events for low returns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I just read the entire old thread,great read. But not a chance in hell would I throw a horse into an accum like that where the race is a handicap over a straight 6 with the guts of 30 runners. Good luck though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Dave Whelan the chairman of Wigan gave a resounding backing to Martinez, and I don't think Wigan are as bad as their results have shown this year. I can't see Martinez getting the sack so I think it's a valuable price.

G Speed would only leave Sheff UTD if sacked or for the Wales job. he already ruled himself out of Wales, and the sheff chairman has tended to stick by his managers even in the face of fan pressure. I think the fans have already written off this season as a learning curve for speed so can't see him getting the boot.

it's all trivial now as I didn't get the bet on in time.

agreed that sticking the horse in there was a little silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

it would of made more sense if you placed the bet first, before you went away and made up a tread about it....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

And that as they say, is that.

Can people please only make threads about bets if they've actually placed them? Otherwise it's pointless.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement