Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brady inks new monster deal

Options
  • 10-09-2010 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

To be announced Friday but broken by Sports Illustrated tonight.

4 years worth $72 million, $49 million of which is guaranteed.

Story is up on NFL.com.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Xavi6 wrote: »
    To be announced Friday but broken by Sports Illustrated tonight.

4 years worth $72 million, $49 million of which is guaranteed.

Story is up on NFL.com.

Being slightly biased, but there couldnt have been a more worthy receipent of the largest contract in football.

Took paycuts all his Hall of Fame career for the team, never complained that players like Antonio Bryant making more money from one training session than he made last season, a true football player who wouldnt dare holdout not matter how robbed he felt.

Well done Tom, you went about your business the classy way and you deserved your contract...go buy yourself a nice new car...you may need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I take it you don't like the guy then. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

$48.5m guaranteed money, its still amazing he gets less guaranteed money than Bradford. That puts it into perspective how badly a rookie salary cap is needed.

But it is a landmark deal for an established player in the league, the $48.5m guaranteed is $10m higher than Rivers and $13m higher than Eli. I suspect Peyton will be in the same region as Brady's contract, probably slightly higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Hazys wrote: »
    $48.5m guaranteed money, its still amazing he gets less guaranteed money than Bradford. That puts it into perspective how badly a rookie salary cap is needed.

But it is a landmark deal for an established player in the league, the $48.5m guaranteed is $10m higher than Rivers and $13m higher than Eli. I suspect Peyton will be in the same region as Brady's contract, probably slightly higher.

While I think the rookie wages are ridiculous Bradford's contract is a six year deal not the four year deal Brady got so its not comparing like with like. As we've all said at various times it is crazy that a player with no pro experience can command that sort of wage but until the new CBA we're stuck with the system.

Pressures on Indy now to pay Manning, I'd have to agree that he will get a bigger deal. Not by much this time though but probably $75million and $50 guaranteed

Advertisement